Error in in Parabolic

I was experimenting with the settings on the custom indicator Parabolic (included with mt4). There appears to be an error in it, I can't believe this hasn't been noticed before I left it running on the 1 minute EURUSD chart with thise settings, Step: 0.09 Maximum: 0.7

I came back after a couple of hours and this is how it looked,

I said that can't be right so I opened a new one minute chart and applied the indicator to the what is now chart history with the same settings.

The same section of the chart looks like this,

So it appears there is an error that can cause the mt4 Parabolic indicator to draw incorrectly on live prices while drawing fine on chart history.

You are probably calling it wrong. Post your code.

SDC:

I was experimenting with the settings on the custom indicator Parabolic (included with mt4). There appears to be an error in it, I can't believe this hasn't been noticed before I left it running on the 1 minute EURUSD chart with thise settings, Step: 0.09 Maximum: 0.7

I came back after a couple of hours and this is how it looked,

I said that can't be right so I opened a new one minute chart and applied the indicator to the what is now chart history with the same settings.

The same section of the chart looks like this,

So it appears there is an error that can cause the mt4 Parabolic indicator to draw incorrectly on live prices while drawing fine on chart history.

You are right, there is a bug with the custom version. You can probably use the built-in Parabolic Sar, and report this error to Service Desk.

In case anyone else happens upon this thread, I discovered a guy named sub has fixed the custom indicator Parabolic in the codebase here: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7892 I scanned over the code, he made several changes to it.