Strategy Tester Different Result Same Setup

As the subject implies, I have a problem running back test on MT4(build 500). Running the same setup on the same(Alpari) data, gives different results. This happens even wwith the MA-sample coming with the installation. Running on 1H(converted from 1 minute) 3 month, 76 trades.  I get both +results and -results.. Quality of test 90%, no errors in the data. Use the most precise model every tick.

Anyone familiar with this?

Been searching for info on this, without any luck..

Thx!

dwilde:

As the subject implies, I have a problem running back test on MT4(build 500). Running the same setup on the same(Alpari) data, gives different results. This happens even wwith the MA-sample coming with the installation. Running on 1H(converted from 1 minute) 3 month, 76 trades.  I get both +results and -results.. Quality of test 90%, no errors in the data. Use the most precise model every tick.

Anyone familiar with this?

What was the spread for each test run ?

The spread was 0.9 pip, but maybe I found the reason. Slippage seems to impact testing in a somewhat random fasion. Probably in a document somewhere..?

dwilde:
The spread was 0.9 pip, but maybe I found the reason. Slippage seems to impact testing in a somewhat random fasion. Probably in a document somewhere..?
How do you know the spread was 0.9 pips for each test ?   Slippage is not simulated in the Strategy Tester.
Reason: