How to secure my EA?

Hello,

I have written EA for my client. i am not expert. i like to secure the code by account number.

eg:

the EA should run with only this account number:"111111" and demo.

if they try other account which should show warning message.

Please advice the coding to insert on my coding.

Thank you in Advance

Sheriff

sheriffonline:

Hello,

I have written EA for my client. i am not expert. i like to secure the code by account number.

eg:

the EA should run with only this account number:"111111" and demo.

if they try other account which should show warning message.

Please advice the coding to insert on my coding.

You can't.  EX4 files can easily be decompiled.

yes. i know. but i like to apply code. if they user has the guts to decompile it then no problom. but i like to give by securing only run on particular account and demo.

please advice...

sheriffonline:

yes. i know. but i like to apply code. if they user has the guts to decompile it then no problom. but i like to give by securing only run on particular account and demo.

please advice...

Check AccountNumber()  if it doesn't match return  unless  IsDemo() returns true.

sheriffonline:

please advice...

See this article.

I thought if you write code for a client then he should have the all the rights.

tonny:
I thought if you write code for a client then he should have the all the rights.
It would depend on the agreement with the client,  for example the deliverable may just be the compiled code and not the source code.

RaptorUK:
It would depend on the agreement with the client,  for example the deliverable may just be the compiled code and not the source code.

yes, i am not providing source code.

i tried this. there is no error after compiling.

but when i run EA MT4 crashed and closed.

what will be the problom?

sheriffonline:

i tried this. there is no error after compiling.

but when i run EA MT4 crashed and closed.

what will be the problom?

An error in your code . . .

But the work is the clients idea. Client gives you an idea of a trading system then pays you to code it but then you encrypt and copyright it as yours. Doesnt seem right to me.
Reason: