Where do i find a book to learn building indicators using MQL4??

Hi there,

I am a begginer in this area of programming. I am just interested in indicators, and I have read the book but it only explain EAs and I want to build indicators. When I have tried to do it in the metaeditor there where many new things that where not in the basic book.

I would thanks to receive the name of any book regarding to indicators with MQL4 thanks.

Book. Article. Examples:

Thanks guys,

As far as i understood there is not a proper book regarding to it, and I should learn it by myself with examples....hooo my god.... the think I want is a line indicator drawing an int global variable called global_trend;

global_trend=a-b+c+d+e+f+g+h+i

int a=close (i-1)-bid)*100000 //for EURUSD

int b=close (i-1)-bid)*100000 //for USDCHF

int c=close (i-1)-bid)*100000 //for GBPUSD

int d=close (i-1)-bid)*100000 //for AUDUSD

int e=close (i-1)-bid)*1000 //for CHFJPY

int f=close (i-1)-bid)*1000 //for USDJPY

int g=close (i-1)-bid)*1000 //for EURJPY

int h=close (i-1)-bid)*1000 //for AUDJPY

int i=close (i-1)-bid)*1000 //for GBPJPY

where (i-1) is the period of time before the current one.

It is based in a simple idea: the market is bull if the buying positions are more profitable than the loses and the opposite for bear market and also in the relations that exits among all the currencies into the forex market.

The analysis in the chart predict real changes in the general trend so that if this chart is with an uptrend and you want to entry in long with any of them but not with the USDCHF it will go fine and longterm, and if it goes down the opposite.

If you could give me a hand about how it could be done in Indicators language for MQL4 you will see how useful it is. I use it in an excel sheet but i need real time chart analysis for a chart where I will use only this indicator in a separate window that I will amplified for the whole screen.

Thanks for any code that you could write or any indications....I really feel lost on that, it is the very first thing I try to develop in MQL4 or any other programming way.

Oh I see, you want someone to actually code it for you. In that case go here.

Hi Ubzen,

I would really like to learn and be able to do it, because I have other things on mind. But if it is not any way I would try to learn to build indicators looking at the examples....thanks

Reason: