Simple VSA bar repaint

Hi Guys,

I've searched for long and in many places, but couldn't find the answer. Maybe you can help me. I'm looking for an indicator that removes the open tick on the bar charts.  The idea is to have a bar chart similar to Tradeguider, where the candles only have the high, low and close. This would help me immensely following the VSA principles, as it gets confusing after a while looking at charts to distinguish the open from the close of the bar chart. I'm only interested in the close.

I have thought of 2 options:

1. Overlay a duplicate of the candle, but thicker, covering the open

2. Overlay a black square on top of the open tick (assuming I have a black background) 

Are these options doable? If yes, which one is easier to implement?

Below is an example of a trade guider example. As you can see, it hides the open tick, making it a lot easier to read in VSA terms. I don't care about the colors or the rectangles or triangles above or below the bars. Only on the bars with the hidden open tick.

Tradeguider example

Many thanks in Advance!  

I have thought of 2 options:
1. Overlay a duplicate of the candle, but thicker, covering the open
2. Overlay a black square on top of the open tick (assuming I have a black background) 

You might also want to try blending the default bars in with the background. Example. Black_Bars on Black_Background. Then you can use an Indicator to draw your bars. I don't know of any ways of removing the open from the default bars || data. 

dquelhas: 1. Overlay a duplicate of the candle, but thicker, covering the open
Might look at (free code) Download the newly updated GRaB 2.0 plug in for MT4 - Official website for trader and author Raghee Horner | Official website for trader and author Raghee Horner 3 colors, 2 shades, wick vs body.

ubzen:

You might also want to try blending the default bars in with the background. Example. Black_Bars on Black_Background. Then you can use an Indicator to draw your bars. I don't know of any ways of removing the open from the default bars || data. 

Hi Uzben, many thanks for the good suggestion. Do you have any idea on how to do this?

Hi WHRoeder,

many thanks for the suggestion. I tried to configure to achieve the result I'm looking for but with no success. Did you manage to configure it to yield the result I'm aiming for?

dquelhas: Hi Uzben, many thanks for the good suggestion. Do you have any idea on how to do this? 
By changing the proprieties to all the same color. Idea from here. Press f8 and color tab. The vsa indicator you'll have to create if you don't already have.

I found an indicator that does exactly what I want at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=241760&page=1588. Hopefully it will be useful to others.

Many thanks for your replies :) 

dquelhas: I found an indicator that does exactly what I want at http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=241760&page=1588. Hopefully it will be useful to others.
  1. Use the Link button for links Control-Alt-L Links
  2. This forum is about MQl4 and auto-trading. Your link references no mql4 code - Off topic for this forum.
Reason: