Renaming or commenting an order line, TP or SL Line

Hi there,

I often open some positions on the same stock step by step.

In the chart, I can see the ticket number like #123456 buy

If I do this 4 times, I have 4 lines with my 4 stop loss lines which I also add.

Now, do I have a chance to rename or comment on the order somehow like

# 123456 buy - this is Nr. 1

#123456 sl - this is SL to Nr. 1

It would help me to seen more clearly, which sl line goes to which order.

Thanks for help or other ideas.

Frank

Frank73:

Hi there,

I often open some positions on the same stock step by step.

In the chart, I can see the ticket number like #123456 buy

If I do this 4 times, I have 4 lines with my 4 stop loss lines which I also add.

It would help me to seen more clearly, which sl line goes to which order.

You can't rename the lines that MT4 puts on the chart . . you can add your own lines and name them how you like and add text to label the lines too . . . 

RaptorUK:
You can't rename the lines that MT4 puts on the chart . . you can add your own lines and name them how you like and add text to label the lines too . . . 

Do you know any tools to comment the MT4 lines?

If I draw an own line or textfield close to the order number it is fine. However, if a change the time visualisation from 5 to 60min, I cannot find my textfield at the left side of my monitor anymore.

It is somewhere in the chart. Do you have any ideas to change this?

Thanks

Frank73:

Do you know any tools to comment the MT4 lines?

If I draw an own line or textfield close to the order number it is fine. However, if a change the time visualisation from 5 to 60min, I cannot find my textfield at the left side of my monitor anymore.

It is somewhere in the chart. Do you have any ideas to change this?

Thanks

Write an indicator that will adjust the position of the text comment so it is adjusted when you change the timeframe.

RaptorUK:
Write an indicator that will adjust the position of the text comment so it is adjusted when you change the timeframe.

Hi Raptor,

this is an excellent idea. However, I am a beginner of MT4 and not an expert like you. I have just found out how to put indicators into action but not how to create them.

Do you know such an indator or could you produce one?

Thanks for your advice.

Frank

Frank73:

Hi Raptor,

this is an excellent idea. However, I am a beginner of MT4 and not an expert like you. I have just found out how to put indicators into action but not how to create them.

Do you know such an indator or could you produce one?

I don't know of an indicator that will do this,  I certainly could code it.  Why not go here and get someone to produce the Indicator you need to your exact specification:  MT4 & MT5 coding
Reason: