Debug MQL4 and Eclipse plugin (or other IDE) - page 2

dream3r:

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for a best option to program my strategies and indicators. The MetaTrader editor it's so poor if you compare with other languages (or others IDE's). Is there any way to debug our code..or at least, program our codes more easily?

I found a Eclipse pulguin in internet, but I can't download it and I don't know other way to compile the code and precompile it while I'm writing it.

Please, some help? I'm very used to use Eclipse in my job but for Java!

Thank you in advance!

In my opinion, using anything other than an IDE for dev purposes is a time waster. Code completion, integrated docs, integrated version control, testing, building, etc, etc, Eclipse is by far the most flexible in my opinion once you set it up right.

I'm surprised the metatrader community hasn't built a better open framework for this to promote better sharing of indicators and use of common libraries. Java/Maven style would be sweet. String function extensions, UI components, Feed handlers, etc, would be nice to see open source versions all in one place that I can grab directly from my IDE.

Mod EDITED

scite-mql is great! Thanks!

zoidy:

In my opinion, using anything other than an IDE for dev purposes is a time waster. Code completion, integrated docs, integrated version control, testing, building, etc, etc, Eclipse is by far the most flexible in my opinion once you set it up right.

I'm surprised the metatrader community hasn't built a better open framework for this to promote better sharing of indicators and use of common libraries. Java/Maven style would be sweet. String function extensions, UI components, Feed handlers, etc, would be nice to see open source versions all in one place that I can grab directly from my IDE.

Mod EDITED

Advertising is not allowed on this Forum . . . please don't try, next time you will receive a BAN.
Reason: