Is it possible to download the historical data, and how?

i was held by a strange error for more than two days. After the help of one of my friends, i found that the problem is the result of incomplete historical data. Is it possible to download the historical  data for all the symbols, and how? i am nowdevelopeing a program to scan all the tradable symbols to find the one with most promising features. Many thanks a lot for your kindly help!

tzm:
 Is it possible to download the historical  data for all the symbols, and how? 
History Center  (F2),  data from other providers (use the search box top right of this page)

RaptorUK:
History Center  (F2),  data from other providers (use the search box top right of this page)

Data download is too time consuming! How can I know  which provider can provide the history data with better quality? thanks!

tzm:

Data download is too time consuming! How can I know  which provider can provide the history data with better quality? thanks!
You cannot !  If you want good data download tick data and convert it to M1, M5, etc . . .  but it will take a lot of time.

What I usually do is increase the number if bars that can be loaded into the history under Options->Charts->Max Bars in History to the maximum amount which is 250000, I think, then open the chart and time frame I want to download and hold the 'Pg Up" key. The terminal automatically loads the data in the chart till the maximum bars it can hold in history. For higher time frames H4 and above a lot more price data can be downloaded into the charts. Of course if you aren't satisfied then do as RaptorUK says.

Lema_Carl:
What I usually do is increase the number if bars that can be loaded into the history under Options->Charts->Max Bars in History to the maximum amount which is 250000, I think, then open the chart and time frame I want to download and hold the 'Pg Up" key. The terminal automatically loads the data in the chart till the maximum bars it can hold in history. For higher time frames H4 and above a lot more price data can be downloaded into the charts. Of course if you aren't satisfied then do as RaptorUK says.
Your Broker will only give you a small number,  few months or weeks,  of M1 data.  Max bars in chart and Max bars in history can be set to a max of  2147483647

M1 data has a lot of bars for a given period than higher time frames. I don't usually work with them

Lema_Carl:
M1 data has a lot of bars for a given period than higher time frames. I don't usually work with them
Unless you use the Strategy Tester of course.

RaptorUK:
Unless you use the Strategy Tester of course.

I don't see how a high modelling quality makes much of a difference to the performance of a strategy based on a longer time frame like H4 and above unless I'm missing something. Does it??

Lema_Carl:

I don't see how a high modelling quality makes much of a difference to the performance of a strategy based on a longer time frame like H4 and above unless I'm missing something. Does it??
It depends on your strategy,  how you make entry and exit decisions.  If all you look at is completed H4 candles then no,  it probably doesn't matter.  Did the OP mention H4 ?

RaptorUK:
It depends on your strategy,  how you make entry and exit decisions.  If all you look at is completed H4 candles then no,  it probably doesn't matter.  Did the OP mention H4 ?

O.K. What's an OP??
Reason: