is there a wingding code for a simple flat horizontal short line

Hello Forum

I want my indicator buffers to show the historic levels that a certain set of conditions have occurred.

In the past I have just used arrows (DRAW_ARROW and an appropriate wingding code) to show the bar in which the conditions occurred the manually went in and worked out the price level within the marked bar.

Now I am in the process of marking the actual intra bar trigger price levels using indicator buffers (so I can see what has happened historically) and for clarity it would be best to use a small flat horizontal line across the candle at the trigger price level

I have used various wingding codes for diamonds, dots etc, but wondering if there is simple "horizontal line" code

The closest I have found is 59 which I use on fractals.

Maybe I should not be using wingdings (Note I only want the levels lines to be marked on the single candle where the conditions were triggered, otherwise I would just plot horizontal lines across chart)

Does such a code exist or would someone suggest an alternative way of marking these levels.

(In case this is not clear and I don't have a picture, imagine marking the cross over points of 2 moving averages, at the point of cross over with a small flat horizontal line, this in effect is what I am trying to do. I can achieve this with all sorts of other symbols, but not a flat simple line)

thanks in advance !

pullend:

I have used various wingding codes for diamonds, dots etc, but wondering if there is simple "horizontal line" code

Can you not just use the '_' underscore character from one of the regular fonts?

Regards, Paul.

paul_hughes:

Can you not just use the '_' underscore character from one of the regular fonts?

Regards, Paul.

Thanks for the suggestion but I am not sure how to use other symbols, like the regular fonts

I was just reading abut special arrow codes, but can't seen to get them to work.

Perhaps my question should be how do I get my DRAW_ARROW to use soemthing other than a wingding code?

pullend:

Thanks for the suggestion but I am not sure how to use other symbols, like the regular fonts

I was just reading abut special arrow codes, but can't seen to get them to work.

Perhaps my question should be how do I get my DRAW_ARROW to use soemthing other than a wingding code?

The special arrow codes are for Objects.  I wanted to do something like you describe,  I ended up using Objects. 

RaptorUK:
The special arrow codes are for Objects.  I wanted to do something like you describe,  I ended up using Objects. 

Thanks Raptor, I will just have to get my head around how to use objects in that way.

You helped me previously understand how to create them in the present

But effectively here I am wanting the Object to be drawn and kept on the chart.

Wonder if I can SetIndexStyle as OBJ_ARROW?

Will ponder and report back.

pullend:

Thanks Raptor, I will just have to get my head around how to use objects in that way.

You helped me previously understand how to create them in the present

But effectively here I am wanting the Object to be drawn and kept on the chart.

Wonder if I can SetIndexStyle as OBJ_ARROW?

Yes you can,  these are just constants and simply represent an integer value,  OBJ_ARROW is 22 and in the context of an Index Style 22 will probably mean nothing, and may give you an error.

I use 30 Objects and simply recycle them, when I need to draw a new one I move the oldest one.  

pullend:

My bad, sorry about that, I misunderstood what you were doing.

After a bit of a search I'd have to agree that it's not possible to generate the lines the way you were trying to do it originally. It should have been possible to use OBJ_ARROW and pass it a code 4 in place of the arrow symbol but, apparently, there is a bug which prevents this working.

Regards, Paul.

pullend:
In the past I have just used arrows (DRAW_ARROW and an appropriate wingding code) to show the bar in which the conditions occurred the manually went in and worked out the price level within the marked bar.
4: Arrow codes - MQL4 Documentation

paul_hughes:

My bad, sorry about that, I misunderstood what you were doing.

After a bit of a search I'd have to agree that it's not possible to generate the lines the way you were trying to do it originally. It should have been possible to use OBJ_ARROW and pass it a code 4 in place of the arrow symbol but, apparently, there is a bug which prevents this working.

Regards, Paul.

Thanks Paul, your suggestion was helpful because it actually led me to examine the documentation more closely and I had already found the documentation section WHRoeder suggested above, I tried to use the code you suggested in your last post, but Raptor has since advised that these codes only work for objects. The documentation was not clear that the special arrow codes did not work for arrows ?????????    :-)

I have learned a lot from this post.

Thank you to all !!!

pullend:

Thanks Paul, your suggestion was helpful because it actually led me to examine the documentation more closely and I had already found the documentation section WHRoeder suggested above, I tried to use the code you suggested in your last post, but Raptor has since advised that these codes only work for objects. The documentation was not clear that the special arrow codes did not work for arrows ?????????    :-)

I have learned a lot from this post.

Thank you to all !!!

My only other suggestion, if the indi is only for your own use, is to get hold of a free font editing package and replace some of the existing characters in a modified copy of the wingding font which you can then install and access.

Good luck ! Paul. 

Reason: