general EA question - page 2

anyone?

sergey,

I'd advise it to be used on a demo account first before making a decision to use it live, unless you're sure its gonna work. I'd think its your responsibility to decide what to do with your EA. Wouldn't you agree?

Thank you

sergeyrar:

anyone?

sergeyrar, try to adjust your EA with high consecutive win than consecutive lose.

Its quite impossible,

see the S.L value in pips is 17 times smaller than T.P  

Its in the nature of this EA to have large strikes of loss and only occasionally win. 

You will get higher risk even the value in pips is 17 times smaller, meaning you may need more fund to trade

FXEWEN:
You will get higher risk even the value in pips is 17 times smaller, meaning you may need more fund to trade

I risk 1% of my account balance per trade, so even If I lose 50 times in a row

I'll still remain with :  100% * 0.99^50 =  60.5% of my deposit.

WhooDoo22:

sergey,

I'd advise it to be used on a demo account first before making a decision to use it live, unless you're sure its gonna work. I'd think its your responsibility to decide what to do with your EA. Wouldn't you agree?

Thank you

Thanks for the comment!

But let my refrase the question...

If to take into consideration the backtest results , which showed potential profit only for EUR/USD currency pair

and for all other pairs failed and crashed to 0, quite fast

should I even try trading with such an EA? or throw it away... because maybe its just luck ?

thanks. 

sergeyrar:

Thanks for the comment!

But let my refrase the question...

If to take into consideration the backtest results , which showed potential profit only for EUR/USD currency pair

and for all other pairs failed and crashed to 0, quite fast

should I even try trading with such an EA? or throw it away... because maybe its just luck ?

There is no such thing as "luck".  Everything happens because of something, there is cause and effect,  you may not know what it is but there is a cause.

My opinion,  if your EA does not work on other pairs then it doesn't work. 

Now I'm really confused... 

you say there is no such thinkg as luck

but on the other hand that it won't work.

please explain 

sergeyrar:

Now I'm really confused... 

Why ?  the two statements are not connected.  It is my opinion that a consistently profitable EA will work on all pairs. 
Reason: