Strategy Tester Hedging

Hello All,

I have been trying to confirm or deny for the past couple of days whether or not hedging is available in the strategy tester. Several searches through the site have yet to yield an answer.

I put together a simple EA that sometimes needs opposite direction trades open for the same pair, but ST only seems to allow one at a time. Is this correct? If so, how does one test a strategy like this with ST?

Thanks,

DaveyBoy.

Can't hedge in the US.

DaveyBoy:

Hello All,

I have been trying to confirm or deny for the past couple of days whether or not hedging is available in the strategy tester. Several searches through the site have yet to yield an answer.

I put together a simple EA that sometimes needs opposite direction trades open for the same pair, but ST only seems to allow one at a time. Is this correct? If so, how does one test a strategy like this with ST?

Thanks,

DaveyBoy.

I've had no issues with opposite orders for the same currency pair in the strategy tester. In MT4 it doesn't work for multiple currencies, you can only test using one symbol at a time. Is it displaying some errors in the journal when you run it that may show what's wrong? As far as I know, the US none hedging rules are not enforced by the tester but this would obviously become an issue as soon as you used it in a live/demo situation where you send trades to the server.

Regards, Paul.

paul_hughes:

I've had no issues with opposite orders for the same currency pair in the strategy tester. In MT4 it doesn't work for multiple currencies, you can only test using one symbol at a time. Is it displaying some errors in the journal when you run it that may show what's wrong? As far as I know, the US none hedging rules are not enforced by the tester but this would obviously become an issue as soon as you used it in a live/demo situation where you send trades to the server.

Regards, Paul.

I use an offshore account so hedging is OK. The journal doesn't show any errors so I must have a coding problem.

Thanks,

DaveyBoy.

Reason: