A problem for using fast navigation to backward to old dates in 1 minute chart

Hi:

This is not really a MQL code question. It's about fast navigation in Metatrader 4. Maybe somebody can help me out.

I am trying to navigate back to the past Non Farm Payroll dates in 1 minute time frame, say in EURUSD pair. From Metatrader 4 History center,  I have downloaded the data. I have learned using fast navigation(press spacebar or Enter key, on the left corner, enter the date, say for November 2nd, Friday, 2012, I entered "2.11.2012" and pressed Enter. However, it didn't move there at all. It seems it has moved to the oldest available spot.(If I press the left arrow key, it doesn't move further). Using the same fast navigation method, I can successfully move to a recent date. For example, for Jan. 15th, 2013, I entered "15.1.13" and pressed Enter key, the frame moved to the expected place. So I am doing right for using fast navigation.

I am curious and it is painful that the Metadrader 4 didn't move to the old dates, even though I have downloaded the data. Maybe the Metadrader 4 needs time to process the data when asked to move to the old dates(not in cache?) so I need to give it a few minutes to work on? I have waited some time and it seems still stuck there.

Thank you for your help. 

xsli2: November 2nd, Friday, 2012, I entered "2.11.2012"
YYYY.MM.DD hh:mm

xsli2:

Hi:

This is not really a MQL code question. It's about fast navigation in Metatrader 4. Maybe somebody can help me out.

I am trying to navigate back to the past Non Farm Payroll dates in 1 minute time frame, say in EURUSD pair. From Metatrader 4 History center,  I have downloaded the data. I have learned using fast navigation(press spacebar or Enter key, on the left corner, enter the date, say for November 2nd, Friday, 2012, I entered "2.11.2012" and pressed Enter. However, it didn't move there at all. It seems it has moved to the oldest available spot.(If I press the left arrow key, it doesn't move further). Using the same fast navigation method, I can successfully move to a recent date. For example, for Jan. 15th, 2013, I entered "15.1.13" and pressed Enter key, the frame moved to the expected place. So I am doing right for using fast navigation.

I am curious and it is painful that the Metadrader 4 didn't move to the old dates, even though I have downloaded the data. Maybe the Metadrader 4 needs time to process the data when asked to move to the old dates(not in cache?) so I need to give it a few minutes to work on? I have waited some time and it seems still stuck there.

Thank you for your help. 

Maybe you don't have M1 data for the date and time you are interested in.
Reason: