Can I ask some questions on the EA?

Hi guys,

Nice to meet you. I first introduce myself. I am from Asia Hong Kong and is a CFA. Now I start learning MT4 EA and automated trading.   

As I am not graduated from Computer Programming, I have lots of questions when start learning the programe in MT4.

I have spent about 2 months to wrtie a sample automated trading system. I can only automate a very sample instructions. @@

When I try doing void() function, I found there is some problems. 

For example

void StoplevelFiboBuy()
  {
   double Fb1,Fb2,Fb3,Fb4,Fb5,Fb6,Fb7,Fb8,Fb9,Fb10,Fb11,Fb12,Fb13;
   double Ma144_1 = iMA(NULL,0,144,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
   double Ma169_1 = iMA(NULL,0,169,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
   double MedVegas=NormalizeDouble((Ma144_1+Ma169_1)/2,Digits);

} 

When I compile this, there is a warning saying Function"StoplevelFiboBuy" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file.   

Is there something wrong about it?

chapmann:

Hi guys,

Nice to meet you. I first introduce myself. I am from Asia Hong Kong and is a CFA. Now I start learning MT4 EA and automated trading.   

As I am not graduated from Computer Programming, I have lots of questions when start learning the programe in MT4.

I have spent about 2 months to wrtie a sample automated trading system. I can only automate a very sample instructions. @@

When I try doing void() function, I found there is some problems. 

<CODE REMOVED>

When I compile this, there is a warning saying Function"StoplevelFiboBuy" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file.   

Please edit your post . . . 

Please use this to post code . . . it makes it easier to read.

chapmann:

There is no point declaring a function if you never use it,  to use it you have to call it . . .

StoplevelFiboBuy();

. . .   if you don't call it the compiler will remove the function from the compiled code.

OK thanks RaptorUK.

I will try it. Thank so much.

chapmann:

OK thanks RaptorUK.

I will try it. Thank so much.

Please edit your first post ! !
Reason: