MetaQoutes Language editor problems

Hi Forum, hoping someone might help me understand how MetaEditor is set up after multiple installations, so I can fix a problem.

I have multiple MT4 installations on my PC and no matter which version of MT4 (different brokers) I have open,

when I launch MetaEditor, I experience a couple of annoying problems.

Predominantly if I cut and paste code, the MetaEditor locks up, and I have to exit and re-enter before I can do any more work.

THIS ONLY HAPPENS ON THIS ONE PC, but it is the main computer I work on.

SO TO FIX THIS! I am wondering......

Is there a version of MetaEditor associated with every MT4 installation?

Or a,  possibly opening up the same version of MetaEditor each time (without realising it)

Do I need to remove every installation of MT4 and do clean re installations to potentially fix this?

A little guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The more work I do with MT4 the more I am learning to code and enjoying it and consequently the more frustrating this issue is becoming!!!!

thanks in advance

pullend:

Hi Forum, hoping someone might help me understand how MetaEditor is set up after multiple installations, so I can fix a problem.

I have multiple MT4 installations on my PC and no matter which version of MT4 (different brokers) I have open,

when I launch MetaEditor, I experience a couple of annoying problems.

Predominantly if I cut and paste code, the MetaEditor locks up, and I have to exit and re-enter before I can do any more work.

It's a well known issue,  use the search and you will find it.

Yes there is a MetaEditor for each installation of MT4. 

Try this:  open ME, open the file you wissh to work on,  keeping the file open in ME close ME down,  then re-open ME and it should open with your file in it,  try copy & paste now.  Let us know if this is a viable work around for you.

RaptorUK:

It's a well known issue,  use the search and you will find it.

Yes there is a MetaEditor for each installation of MT4. 

Try this:  open ME, open the file you wissh to work on,  keeping the file open in ME close ME down,  then re-open ME and it should open with your file in it,  try copy & paste now.  Let us know if this is a viable work around for you.

Thanks Raptor, your solution does work for me.

I also moved all MT4 installations out of C: Program Files (x86) as suggested in one of the Threads, but problem persists for now.

Interestingly the machine I have no problems on runs XP

Thanks as always !!

pullend:

Thanks Raptor, your solution does work for me.

Thanks for the feedback :-)
Reason: