difference between a ticket number and magic number

whats the difference between a order ticket number and magic number....

when we place a order the number appeared in leftmost corner in orders pool is ticket number?? 

A Ticket number is a unique number allocated to an Order,  it is usually in the leftmost column when you look at the Trade or Account History tabs. The Ticket number is allocated by your Broker.

A Magic Number is optional but is often used within a Script or EA and is used to identify a set/group of orders that share a common attribute,  for example the Magic Number may signify that they were all placed by a specific EA running on a specific Symbol. 

Raptor,u hv clear my confusion here again..tho i didn't ask it :)..seriously, tnx 4 ur description..i suggest u start a thread to throw light on common coding msitakes of mql4..u knw i m trying to learn mql4 just bcos of this EA facility othrwise thr r  many othr more 'simpler' programming  language..its good to know mql5 is similar to c++, a very popular standard language..n thts good..bcos who has th time to learn new new language? simplicity n similarity is desirable everywhere

1. Speak English, this isn't a limited text message on phone/twitter.
  2. If you don't want to learn the mql4 language, then find a platform that uses the language you want and go to their forum. When you registered, perhaps you missed the part about Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. You're off topic.

William Roeder #:
  1. Speak English, this isn't a limited text message on phone/twitter.
  2. If you don't want to learn the mql4 language, then find a platform that uses the language you want and go to their forum. When you registered, perhaps you missed the part about Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 andauto trading are forbidden. You're off topic.

I smiled at your #1 remark above William :-D

CobusSteyn0105 #: I smiled at your #1 remark above William :-D

Don't resurrect old threads without a very good reason. A lot has changed in ten (10) years.

Ankit Jain:

whats the difference between a order ticket number and magic number....

when we place a order the number appeared in leftmost corner in orders pool is ticket number?? 

The order number can be changed and is important for the broker. It can only be used in a single order. If a part of the order is closed, the closed order number remains in the closed order. A new order number is given for the lot that is not closed. Magicnumber is given by the user and consists of numbers. More than one order can be given the same magic number. It provides convenience to the user during the expert process. For example, close orders with magic numbers 111. The Magic Number does not appear in the order tab in mt4. The magic trick doesn't matter if you're not going to use Expert.

Reason: