Line description and label

Hello folks,

I want to be able to control line description field via MQL code.

As you know when double clicking on line in MT4 you get a message where you can fill in two fields with text - 'label' and 'description'. I can set a lable name but could not find any reference how to change description.

label: SetIndexLabel(0,"labeltext");//label 

description: ??? 

Can someone please help! 

Cheers,

leseuf:

Hello folks,

I want to be able to control line description field via MQL code.

As you know when double clicking on line in MT4 you get a message where you can fill in two fields with text - 'label' and 'description'. I can set a lable name but could not find any reference how to change description.

label: SetIndexLabel(0,"labeltext");//label 

description: ??? 

Are you talking about line type Objects or Indicator lines ? 

If you are talking about line Objects:  Please read the documentation:  ObjectSetText()

Hi Raptor,

I am a beginner in MQL. It is a line I am talking about.

I could not attach image but it is a dialogue box that normally appears after doublick on line> 'horisontal line properties'.

On common tab there is 'name' which is controlled via SetIndexLabel(0,"labeltext"), I believe.

Also 'Description' field that I have no idea how to set via coding. 

What I want code to do is draw a line that would have required description text.

I guess it is something simple but I have no idea how it is done.

Thanks,

L

leseuf:

Hi Raptor,

I am a beginner in MQL. It is a line I am talking about.

I could not attach image but it is a dialogue box that normally appears after doublick on line> 'horisontal line properties'.

On common tab there is 'name' which is controlled via SetIndexLabel(0,"labeltext"), I believe.

Also 'Description' field that I have no idea how to set via coding. 

What I want code to do is draw a line that would have required description text.

I guess it is something simple but I have no idea how it is done.

OK,  so you are talking about a line Object . .   so you need to read the documentation:  ObjectSetText().   <----- click this link.

"Changes the object description."

Raptor,

Thanks - your reference has answered my question!

RaptorUK:
OK,  so you are talking about a line Object . .   so you need to read the documentation:  ObjectSetText().   <----- click this link.

"Changes the object description."
thanks man worked like a charm
Reason: