Expert Properties - Inputs missing on Windows 7 x64 platform - page 2

RaptorUK:
... .

You might want to raise a query with the service desk (accessed from your MT5 profile),  to do that you will need to register on the MT5 site,  make sure you say your issue is with MT4 and describe it in as much detail as you can and give a link to this thread.

Thank you for your help looking into this. As you suggested I've raised a service desk query #620290 on this. I tested also on Virtual Server - Windows XP mode (64 bit) reproducing the same issue. So the common elements seem to be 64 bit system and latest MT4 build combined that  bring up this issue.

Bourne:
I downloaded MT4 this morning and I am having the exact same problem with the same configurations. I've uninstalled the program and re-installed it in a new folder and still the "input" tab is missing. It is not showing up on EA's or indicators. 

After so many tests it seems to drill down closer to the 64 bit system and some incompatibility with latest MT4. I just find it odd that this issue would not have come up before if it is generic to all 64 bit systems.  I'm running intel-3220 ivy-bridge chipset with Gigabyte H77M-D3H motherboard. Are you using anything similar ? 

Could you re-install another one, this time install MT4 the 32 bit version. This is how to do it :

Open Run by pressing Windows logo  key and R key at the same time, to make Run window to appear. Browse to where your MT4 executable setup is located and click it. Add "/32" to the end of line, with or without double quotes, and click OK or press enter. 

See if you still have the issue

Use updated metalang.exe, please.
Files:
metalang.exe.zip  1187 kb

Same issue here, "INPUTS" tab is missing when inserting EAs or Indicators!

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit.

I had fixed the permission problem but the problem with "INPUTS" tab missing is still occurred.

Any solution would be appreciate. 

MetaQuotes:

That new updated metalang.exe in my Windows 7 32-bit is not working.

EDIT: It works, my mistake :) 

Kebing:

After so many tests it seems to drill down closer to the 64 bit system and some incompatibility with latest MT4. I just find it odd that this issue would not have come up before if it is generic to all 64 bit systems.  I'm running intel-3220 ivy-bridge chipset with Gigabyte H77M-D3H motherboard. Are you using anything similar ? 

phi.nuts:

Could you re-install another one, this time install MT4 the 32 bit version. This is how to do it :

Open Run by pressing Windows logo  key and R key at the same time, to make Run window to appear. Browse to where your MT4 executable setup is located and click it. Add "/32" to the end of line, with or without double quotes, and click OK or press enter. 

See if you still have the issue

I already running in Windows 7 32-bit here and have the same issue. 

yohansetiawan:

I already running in Windows 7 32-bit here and have the same issue. 

I tested the new MetaLang with Windows 7 64 bit standard installation and it resolved my issue. I copied the old MetaLang to backup folder, then copied new one in the MT4 installation folder. Restarted MT4 and then recompiled any of the EA's or indicators. That brought Inputs tab back.

Hearing that you have issues even with this MetaLang on your 32 bit platform, I did exactly same testing steps on my Vista 32 bit platform and recompiling there also kept the Inputs tab. Of course without recompiling everything was already working fine in my case, but this confirmed that this fix didn't break anything on Vista 32 bits.

I also tested the fix on Windows virtual machine XP mode i.e. Windows XP SP3 x64. Same steps again, and inputs tab was back. 

MetaQuotes:

Thank you for addressing this so quickly. In my scenarios this seems to resolve the issue, only need to recompile.

Kebing:

I tested the new MetaLang with Windows 7 64 bit standard installation and it resolved my issue. I copied the old MetaLang to backup folder, then copied new one in the MT4 installation folder. Restarted MT4 and then recompiled any of the EA's or indicators. That brought Inputs tab back.

Hearing that you have issues even with this MetaLang on your 32 bit platform, I did exactly same testing steps on my Vista 32 bit platform and recompiling there also kept the Inputs tab. Of course without recompiling everything was already working fine in my case, but this confirmed that this fix didn't break anything on Vista 32 bits.

I also tested the fix on Windows virtual machine XP mode i.e. Windows XP SP3 x64. Same steps again, and inputs tab was back. 

Weird..  This is my second attempt and I try it again and it works.. my mistake.. issue solved BIG THANKS!

EDIT: I forgot to recompiling mql4 files, that's why it's not working in first attempt :D 

Reason: