Cycle Operator 'for' questions - page 3

WhooDoo22:

Simon,

MODE_FREEZELEVEL33Order freeze level in points. If the execution price lies within the range defined by the freeze level, the order cannot be modified, cancelled or closed.

I do not know what the freeze level is for the MetaTrader broker I am using to run tests. I am assuming the freeze level varies by broker.

Do you know of a way I can use to discover the MetaEditor freeze level using the MarketInfo() function?

Code a simple script that prints it to screen using Comment() . . .  or use the  AllMarketData  script.

Simon,

Description:

Reads all available instruments and their characteristics and generates an HTML report. Positive Swaps are highlighted.

Drag and drop the script on whatever chart.

To visualize the report, just open it with your browser. (Its file is contained in the "/experts/files/" folder).

An example of the Report can be found here .

I added the script to the chart, popped open the broker folder in the program files and searched the directory:

experts/files. Nothing. I tried placing the script on multiple charts. I could just code the functions to an EA file and use a comment or print for a visual.

Thank you

Files:

WhooDoo22:

I added the script to the chart, popped open the broker folder in the program files and searched the directory:

experts/files. Nothing. I tried placing the script on multiple charts. I could just code the functions to an EA file and use a comment or print for a visual. 

Sounds like UAC issues . . .  are you running on Vista or Windows 7 ?  where do you have MT4 installed ?

Simon,

are you running on Vista or Windows 7 ?

Betsy is running windows 7. ;)

where do you have MT4 installed ?

Installation directory is as follows:

Computer -> OS (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> MetaTrader -> experts -> files

What does abbreviation UAC represent? Ah, yeah User Account Control right?

Also the FreezeLevel EA attached is showing a value of 0 in chart. I do not believe this is accurate.

Thank you.

UAC

Freezelevel and Stoplevel can both be 0 in ECN type Brokers. 

WhooDoo22:

Simon,

Once again, I am so, so abundantly blessed to receive yet another more than generous contribution from the 'Experts' tab in my MetaTrader which I greet with open arms and an exceedingly joyous manifestation. ;)

Just looked again at your screen grab . . . .   what chart are you running on ?  what is Bid and Ask ?  the Order you are trying to close,  what symbol is it ?

Simon,

The Broker being used for tests is not ECN type. The Broker being used for testing is AlpariUS standard account. This is why I fear the cause for the error being received by the EA is not due to the freeze or stop levels.

I am still working on it in any case.

Thank you.

WhooDoo22:

Simon,

The Broker being used for tests is not ECN type. The Broker being used for testing is AlpariUS standard account. This is why I fear the cause for the error being received by the EA is not due to the freeze or stop levels.

I am still working on it in any case.

Thank you.

My Alpari account has Freeze of 0 and Stop of 20 on EURUSD.  Your issue is not related to Freeeze or Stop levels . . .  see above.

Simon,

what chart are you running on ?

I am running the EA on the EURUSD chart (I do not believe it should make a difference, but will try running it on another chart to verify belief).

what is Bid and Ask ?

Ask is the latest known seller's price (ask price) for the current symbol.

Bid is the latest known buyer's price (offer price, bid price) of the current symbol.

the Order you are trying to close,  what symbol is it ?

The order the EA is attempting to close is a USDJPY order (symbol is USDJPY).

Thank you.

WhooDoo22:

Simon,

what chart are you running on ?

I am running the EA on the EURUSD chart (I do not believe it should make a difference, but will try running it on another chart to verify belief).

what is Bid and Ask ?

Ask is the latest known seller's price (ask price) for the current symbol.

Bid is the latest known buyer's price (offer price, bid price) of the      current symbol.

the Order you are trying to close,  what symbol is it ?

The order the EA is attempting to close is a USDJPY order (symbol is USDJPY).

Thank you.

OK,  so what USDJPY price are you using to close the USDJPY Order ?
Reason: