Problems running EA.s in Windows 8

When I boot the MT4 in Windows 8 it boots properly.  But when I start any EA it crashes immediately.  Any suggestions on how to over come this?

jamac:
When I boot the MT4 in Windows 8 it boots properly.  But when I start any EA it crashes immediately.  Any suggestions on how to over come this?
Fix your EA,   run MT4 in an Operating System it says it will run in.  When you say  "crash"  what exactly do you mean ?  lock-up ? quit unexpectedly ?  

RaptorUK:
Fix your EA,   run MT4 in an Operating System it says it will run in.  When you say  "crash"  what exactly do you mean ?  lock-up ? quit unexpectedly ?  

I upgraded to a new computer with windows 8.  The mt4 runs fine.  Whenever I start ANY EA the mt4 quits unexpectedly.  I have tried about 15 ea's now and the same happens on all of them.  Everything works fine on Win 7.

jamac:
I upgraded to a new computer with windows 8.  The mt4 runs fine.  Whenever I start ANY EA the mt4 quits unexpectedly.  I have tried about 15 ea's now and the same happens on all of them.  Everything works fine on Win 7.

Maybe it is a UAC issue,  do you have MT4 installed in Program Files ?  have you tried any compatibility modes ?  does your user have Admin privileges . . .  

RaptorUK:
Maybe it is a UAC issue,  do you have MT4 installed in Program Files ?  have you tried any compatibility modes ?  does your user have Admin privileges . . .  

Yes , Yes, and Yes.  I think I will probably find a Win 7 and load it in place of the 8.  Thanks for the suggestions

jamac:

Yes , Yes, and Yes.  I think I will probably find a Win 7 and load it in place of the 8.  Thanks for the suggestions

Well if its a UAC issue you should not install in Program Files . . . .   try installing MT4 in C:\MT4-Installs\  

RaptorUK:

Well if its a UAC issue you should not install in Program Files . . . .   try installing MT4 in C:\MT4-Installs\  

Thanks, I will give it a try!  Merry Christmas

Hello jamac,

You can download a virtual pc app which could run any OS of your choosing. Once you install an OS like xp, vista, 7 to the virtual pc, you can run ANY ;) EA in the MQL4 strategy tester (within the virtual pc) on your windows 8 OS pc. Just do a quick good ole' googally google or bing bang search for "Oracle VM VirtualBox". I've heard of this problem a few times before. Never gets old. :) Thanks for your post.

Thank you.

WhooDoo22:

Hello jamac,

You can download a virtual pc app which could run any OS of your choosing. Once you install an OS like xp, vista, 7 to the virtual pc, you can run ANY ;) EA in the MQL4 strategy tester (within the virtual pc) on your windows 8 OS pc. Just do a quick good ole' googally google or bing bang search for "Oracle VM VirtualBox". I've heard of this problem a few times before. Never gets old. :) Thanks for your post.

Thank you.

Only issue with that is you need a full retail licence of Windows 7 to run on the virtual PC.

Is there a known issue of MT4 not working if installed in C:\Program Files? If a user has permissions to install in that directory, should have permission to run as well. If installing on behalf of a different user without admin privs, I've found granting full control on the Terminal folder works.

HarriMQL4:
Is there a known issue of MT4 not working if installed in C:\Program Files? If a user has permissions to install in that directory, should have permission to run as well. If installing on behalf of a different user without admin privs, I've found granting full control on the Terminal folder works.
On Windows 8 ?  I don't know,  I don't have any direct experience with Windows 8 yet,  I suspect it may have the same issue as Vista/Windows 7.  On Vista and Windows 7 ?  yes,  UAC issues,  the easiest solution is to not install in Program Files . . .  there are other solutions you can easily Google for.
Reason: