Can someone please verify MT4 DDE to Excel is working in Win 7 64 bit

I cannot get this to work on Excel 2010 and Windows7 (64bits).  Excel just hangs with no activity on the Task Manager.

MT4 Version 4.00 Build 445

Thanks 

mikeyap9:

I cannot get this to work on Excel 2010 and Windows7 (64bits).  Excel just hangs with no activity on the Task Manager.

MT4 Version 4.00 Build 445

Thanks 

Sorry, if no one reply (yet), looks like everybody is busy right now.

We usually install MT4 outside C:\Program Files\..., like in C:\My Program\MT4 .... . If it still does not work, try to install 32 bit version of MT4. Press Windows logo key  + R, to launch 'Run' , browse to where the MT4 setup executable is located, click on it and add /32 in Run Windows and press OK.

Try to do that first and reply back with the result. Hope other forumers - who have 7/64 - also replies.

Thanks but no thanks.  I don't see how the location of executables will affect performance.  I'm already using 32 bit MT4.  I've also posted on Microsoft forum.  they seem to have a lot of complaints about this too.

I'll wait for someone in the community to help me verify whether it's also not working for them. 

mikeyap9:

Thanks but no thanks.  I don't see how the location of executables will affect performance.  

Maybe you should read up on UAC issues both in this Forum and outside it.

I have read that DDE doesn't work with Excel 2010 . .  use Google,  do some research. 

I've done all of that.  Internet search is just a wild goose chase.  Funny some folk are blaming other apps like Chrome.

I just need one in the >500,000 installs MT to verify.  Surely one of them will have the same setup as mine.

MT4 32bits

Excel 2010 (64bits)

Windows7 (64bits)

Don't worry , I already have a post in Microsoft's forum. 

There
mikeyap9:

I've done all of that.  Internet search is just a wild goose chase.  Funny some folk are blaming other apps like Chrome.

I just need one in the >500,000 installs MT to verify.  Surely one of them will have the same setup as mine.

MT4 32bits

Excel 2010 (64bits)

Windows7 (64bits)

Don't worry , I already have a post in Microsoft's forum. 

There is only 32 bit MT4 . . .  I have Excel 2010 64 bit running on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit,  I can try some things if you want but I'm not going to upgrade my MT4 to build 445 . . .  438 looks to be a better option for me. 

Thanks, can you just please try open a blank spreadsheet and then enter the formula in any cell.  UAC can be off or on, I've tried both.

='MT4'|QUOTE!EURUSD

Just tell me what happens.  My Excel does not timeout and hangs.  You have to go to Task Manager to kill it. 

mikeyap9:

Thanks, can you just please try open a blank spreadsheet and then enter the formula in any cell.  UAC can be off or on, I've tried both.

='MT4'|QUOTE!EURUSD

Just tell me what happens.  My Excel does not timeout and hangs.  You have to go to Task Manager to kill it. 

I need to enable DDE Server in MT4 ?

mikeyap9:

='MT4'|QUOTE!EURUSD

First time I have seen this work . . .  so I can confirm it seems to work just fine.

Yes, in Options under Server tab.

Thanks, I'll try going back to 438 first.

Reason: