Problem backtesting - no data

Hello, not specifically mql4 but I thought I'd ask here anyway..

I am trying to backtest my EA. I go to history center and download every timeframe, then I go to the strategy center and pick "every tick". If I pick the last November for example, it only has a few days. The graphs that I see are full, as well as the lists at the history center.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks 

Mosho:

Hello, not specifically mql4 but I thought I'd ask here anyway..

I am trying to backtest my EA. I go to history center and download every timeframe, then I go to the strategy center and pick "every tick". If I pick the last November for example, it only has a few days. The graphs that I see are full, as well as the lists at the history center.

For the symbol you want to use open a M1 chart and see how far you can go back . . . then you will know how much M1 data you have.

Like I mentioned, I've done that, I have data that the strategy center won't recognize. 

Mosho:
Like I mentioned, I've done that, I have data that the strategy center won't recognize. 
You mentioned that you had downloaded data . . . you didn't mention that you had checked it on a chart.  If you are having issues with the Strategy tester the most likely cause is that you don't have data for the date period you are trying to test.  If you aren't willing to check if you have data then you will continue to have problems . . .

Yeah, the charts are there

Mosho:
Yeah, the charts are there

How far can you go back on an M1 chart ?  what date ?

I have a year of data (Nov 2011 to today)

Mosho:
I have a year of data (Nov 2011 to today)
OK,  in the Strategy tester select your EA,  select that particular Symbol and set the date from Dec 01 2011 to Dec 01 2012 and set the timeframe to H1 and hit Run.
Reason: