a BOOL veriable

Hello freinds,

We say that:

Boolean constants may have the value of true or false, numeric representation of them is 1 or 0, respectively. True or TRUE, False or FALSE can be used, as well.

Examples:

bool a = true;
bool b = false;
bool c = 1;

Its internal representation is a long 4-byte integer number. Boolean constants can assume the values of 0 or 1.

I have a problem, and I nnd your help: 

The code lines are: 

bool alfa[19];

int beta[50][300];

int gamma[50]; 

alfa[1] = 1;

beta[0][11] = alfa[9] * gamma[9] + !alfa[9] * StrToTime("00:00"); 

My quations are:

Do I right if I say: a bool variable is 0 if it is FALSE, and a bool variable is 1 if it is TRUE?

and:

Why do I get an error massage on the last code line -  "=" - assignment expected ?

Please help.

Thanks,

crossy:

Hello freinds,

We say that:

Boolean constants may have the value of true or false, numeric representation of them is 1 or 0, respectively. True or TRUE, False or FALSE can be used, as well.

Examples:

Its internal representation is a long 4-byte integer number. Boolean constants can assume the values of 0 or 1.

I have a problem, and I nnd your help: 

The code lines are: 

bool alfa[19];

int beta[50][300];

int gamma[50]; 

alfa[1] = 1;

beta[0][11] = alfa[9] * gamma[9] + !alfa[9] * StrToTime("00:00"); 

My quations are:

Do I right if I say: a bool variable is 0 if it is FALSE, and a bool variable is 1 if it is TRUE?

and:

Why do I get an error massage on the last code line -  "=" - assignment expected ?

Please help.

Thanks,

Question 1: right.

What exactly do you try to achieve with that line of code? You mix up different data types. 

crossy:

Hello freinds,

We say that:

I don't say that . . . 

Think of a bool as True or False . . .   forget 0 and 1 . . .  where is the logic of trying to do bool * int ?  what goes true * 5 mean ?  very true ?   

RaptorUK:

I don't say that . . . 

Think of a bool as True or False . . .   forget 0 and 1 . . .  where is the logic of trying to do bool * int ?  what goes true * 5 mean ?  very true ?   

Thanks Raptor,

Exactly. I agree with you.

My decompiler returned it so. Is there any possibilty to understand it....? I need your help!! 

crossy:

Thanks Raptor,

My decompiler returned it so. Is there any possibilty to understand it....? I need your help!! 

Any one can help?

crossy:

Any one can help?

I don't think there is a possibility to understand why different datatypes should be added/multiplicated together. And I am not sure about you should ask questions for decompiled code. However, put !alfa[9] in brackets - (!alfa[9]) - and you have a chance it does compile.
edit: Of course you can e.g. multiplicate a double with an integer and assign it to a double.

crossy:

Thanks Raptor,

Decompiler ?  please explain  . . .

IMO, there is only one reason to use bool * x and only if you think it simplifies the reading of the code. Variations like:
ExplicitCompact
if (isSomething) double x = A;
else                    x = B;
double x = isSomething * A + !isSomething * B;
double x = A;
if (isSomething) x += B;
double x = A + isSomething * B;

kronin:

I don't think there is a possibility to understand why different datatypes should be added/multiplicated together. And I am not sure about you should ask questions for decompiled code. However, put !alfa[9] in brackets - (!alfa[9]) - and you have a chance it does compile.
edit: Of course you can e.g. multiplicate a double with an integer and assign it to a double.

Thanks kronin, It works!!.

WHRoeder:
IMO, there is only one reason to use bool * x and only if you think it simplifies the reading of the code. Variations like:
ExplicitCompact

Very intelegent way to solve it.

Thanks WMR 

Reason: