MACD indicator

Good afternoon, I'm using MT4 and specifically I like to use the MACD indicator (among others), but need a clarification ... someone could explain that mean and how numbers are calculated (sometimes positive, sometimes negative) , appearing on the MACD when you put your mouse over one of the bars that are painted on this indicator?. Thank you.

jugivi:
Good afternoon, I'm using MT4 and specifically I like to use the MACD indicator (among others), but need a clarification ... someone could explain that mean and how numbers are calculated (sometimes positive, sometimes negative) , appearing on the MACD when you put your mouse over one of the bars that are painted on this indicator?. Thank you.
Good Morning.  Use the search box in the top right hand corner of this page . . . .  this might help you  https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/indicators/oscillators/macd

Good morning Raptor, I know in the search box top right corner I can look for MACD, but when I search I appear to 198 pages talking about MACD, if I consult the forum is for someone I can answer very specifically my question, which is very difficult for me is to look among 198 pages of documentation to get an answer. I'm not native English and translate it costs me a bit so my search can become an eternal quest. Just ask direct aid if anyone knows ..

jugivi:
Good morning Raptor, I know in the search box top right corner I can look for MACD, but when I search I appear to 198 pages talking about MACD, if I consult the forum is for someone I can answer very specifically my question, which is very difficult for me is to look among 198 pages of documentation to get an answer. I'm not native English and translate it costs me a bit so my search can become an eternal quest. Just ask direct aid if anyone knows ..
You need to learn how to use the search efficiently.  You know more about MACD than I do,  I have never used it . . .   to find the link I gave you I put MACD in the search box,  then when the list of results came up I clicked Technical Analysis on the left hand side of the page,  this gave me 3 results from the Technical Analysis part of this site which relate to MACD,  the top one is the link I posted.  this took me approx 10 seconds . . .  it took me longer to write this post than find the link I gave you ;-)

Thanks for the reply RaptorUK. I have also searched the menus on the left, I have dived in some of these submenus but I am almost at the same level of difficulty that if I do a general search. I made a very specific question because I know that in the extensive documentation of the forum is difficult to find the answer to my question. He hoped that someone (not necessarily the moderator), know the answer and I can say it. Thank you.

jugivi

Formula for MACD is 

MACD =  MA(CloseValue, FastPeriod) - MA(CloseValue, SlowPeriod)

Signal = MA(MACD, SignalPeriod) 

Where MA is short for Moving Average

Histogram almost always is drawn of MACD to ease visual distinguish between which of 2 Original MA is higher

In bullish market, this difference will be +, in bearish, it will be -ve.

Now, that I answered your question. I have a question for you.  How did you use MACD so far (to elevate it into your "like" list) without understanding it?

Thanks for your answer cdjindia. Clarified ... I know how the MACD, explain me everything I know, but there's something I do not know how to calculate ... if you look you will see that my first question relates to:

someone could explain that mean and how numbers are calculated (sometimes positive, sometimes negative) , appearing on the MACD when you put your mouse over one of the bars that are painted on this indicator?. Thank you. Did you know?.

Thanks

jugivi:

Thanks for your answer cdjindia. Clarified ... I know how the MACD, explain me everything I know, but there's something I do not know how to calculate ... if you look you will see that my first question relates to:

someone could explain that mean and how numbers are calculated (sometimes positive, sometimes negative) , appearing on the MACD when you put your mouse over one of the bars that are painted on this indicator?.

I think you are talking about the Signal . . .

From the post above yours . . .

MACD =  MA(CloseValue, FastPeriod) - MA(CloseValue, SlowPeriod)

Signal = MA(MACD, SignalPeriod) 

So if the Slow Period MA is greater than the MA of the FastPeriod then the MACD will be negative,  if this happens for a few bars then the MA of the MACD can also be negative . . . . 

jugivi:

I think you know how MACD is calculated, but if what you mean is that little box that pop out every time you move and hover your cursor over MACD, is called tool tip. It's WinAPI programming like this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb760250(v=vs.85).aspx

I think that you are not understanding my question, if you use the MACD in MT4, you will see that you draw a line and bars if you stand above the bars actually displays a tool tip, which are 4 values​​: MACD (12,26 , 9), Time, Value and Signal, my question is how to calculate the values ​​shown in Signal and Value?.

jugivi:
I think that you are not understanding my question, if you use the MACD in MT4, you will see that you draw a line and bars if you stand above the bars actually displays a tool tip, which are 4 values​​: MACD (12,26 , 9), Time, Value and Signal, my question is how to calculate the values ​​shown in Signal and Value?.

You have been given the answer several times already in this thread,  what information are you missing ?

MACD ("value") =  MA(CloseValue, FastPeriod) - MA(CloseValue, SlowPeriod)

Signal ("signal") = MA(MACD, SignalPeriod)  

Reason: