Bad historical data

Can someone help me here?

I just cleared all *.hst files in my PC, loaded m1 data from Dukascopy (I am backtesting at an ECN Trader), but couldnt make the script period_converter work.

My screen turned white, I couldn´t see any bars on EURUSD whatsoever, so I am pretty shure that I cleaned everything. I opened a new M1 EURUSD window and after that I run the script Period_converter buy it never ended. I now that because when I tried to change the 1 min screen I received a warning that the script would be stopped if I change the time frame of the EURUSD screen.

I waited one complete day (24 hours) for the script to finish its work but it never did. What am I doing wrong?

I clered all the historical data again. I doubled click on the EURUSD time frames at the historical center and recovered the lost data, but now when I run my EA at the Strategy Tester all I get is a complete loss where I had 20% to 30% gains. 

I am really worried here. Can anyone explain how to get clean consistent data for the historical center? And why is the script not running?

best regards

Justhavingfun:

Can someone help me here?

I just cleared all *.hst files in my PC, loaded m1 data from Dukascopy (I am backtesting at an ECN Trader), but couldnt make the script period_converter work.

My screen turned white, I couldn´t see any bars on EURUSD whatsoever, so I am pretty shure that I cleaned everything. I opened a new M1 EURUSD window and after that I run the script Period_converter buy it never ended. I now that because when I tried to change the 1 min screen I received a warning that the script would be stopped if I change the time frame of the EURUSD screen.

I waited one complete day (24 hours) for the script to finish its work but it never did. What am I doing wrong?

I clered all the historical data again. I doubled click on the EURUSD time frames at the historical center and recovered the lost data, but now when I run my EA at the Strategy Tester all I get is a complete loss where I had 20% to 30% gains. 

I am really worried here. Can anyone explain how to get clean consistent data for the historical center? And why is the script not running?

best regards

Period converter does not "stop",  it does finish and you will know when it has finished by watching the Experts tab,  it will tell you how many bars it has converted.

How did you get your Dukascopy M1 csv file converted to a hst file ?   period converter will only work with hst files . . .

I found this article and downloaded the csv2fxt code and libraries, will this work?

How to prepare your tick data for Metatrader 4 (click that)

Justhavingfun:

I found this article and downloaded the csv2fxt code and libraries, will this work?

Do you have permission to reproduce this information here ?

Justhavingfun:

Please edit your post there and just make a link to the article. It's better that you edit your post, and not us, coz we may ban you for what you doing here.

phi.nuts:
Please edit your post there and just make a link to the article. It's better that you edit your post, and not us, coz we may ban you for what you doing here.

Ok I deleted it.

I couldn´t find how to copy the link to the article so I left the title only.

pLease confirm this is fine for the Forum.

best regards.

Justhavingfun:

Ok I deleted it.

I couldn´t find how to copy the link to the article so I left the title only.

pLease confirm this is fine for the Forum.

best regards.

That's acceptable - so we won't have any problem with eareview people. I also edit it and give link.

Thank you for your concern and attention. 

Reason: