No ticks in backtest

First i roamed around (unmatched data error) topcs, but now i have to poen a new for this.

I have an EA that does not run backtesting. It is price-sensitive, independent from timeframe. However last tiem i used m15 so i left that unchanged for this new test. Then i got the "Unmatched  data errer" messages. Tried what were proposed in the relevant topics. Moved down to m1 timeframe, and also downloaded Metaquotes data. Yes, the error messages disappeared, but the test still does not work.

When i click start, with visual testing, and setting a time period (just the last week) , on the visual chart, i see data of a day couple od days earlier, and the chart not moving (not paused), no ticks coming in. Nothing i can do but click the stop button.

Connection with the broker is ok, other ea-s test fine on the same period. 

Why this isnt?

Szilar:

First i roamed around (unmatched data error) topcs, but now i have to poen a new for this.

I have an EA that does not run backtesting. It is price-sensitive, independent from timeframe. However last tiem i used m15 so i left that unchanged for this new test. Then i got the "Unmatched  data errer" messages. Tried what were proposed in the relevant topics. Moved down to m1 timeframe, and also downloaded Metaquotes data. Yes, the error messages disappeared, but the test still does not work.

When i click start, with visual testing, and setting a time period (just the last week) , on the visual chart, i see data of a day couple od days earlier, and the chart not moving (not paused), no ticks coming in. Nothing i can do but click the stop button.

Connection with the broker is ok, other ea-s test fine on the same period. 

Why this isnt?

I have to add that this ea opens trades on real money account. Just the backtest is against working with it. However it would be nice to see that !

1. Press the pause button
  2. EA must return from start()

WHRoeder:
  1. Press the pause button
  2. EA must return from start()

Of course pause button has no effect to running since test is not paused. I clicked anyway. No cange.

my start function is rather simple (and schematic for lots of my ea-s that run on backtest)

CheckForOpen();

CheckForClose();  

Szilar:

Of course pause button has no effect to running since test is not paused. I clicked anyway. No cange.

my start function is rather simple (and schematic for lots of my ea-s that run on backtest)

CheckForOpen();

CheckForClose();  

Either your date range is too small so there is no time to be tested,  or your data has an issue,  or you EA is getting into an infinite loop and hanging the Strategy tester.  If it is a problem with your EA,  I think it is as you suggest your other EAs work in the ST, then you need to show your code if you want specific help.

@ RaptorUK  Yes, it was an infinite loop! Solved. Thank you for the hint.

EA must return from start()

The code in error was  an >= used instead of <= in a for cycle. 

Reason: