Over 150 MT4 installs working together as one optimization cluster

Hi, there.

I must confess I am still a newbie with regards to trading as such and automated trading in particular, with just under a year of experience.

But I managed to put together a MT4 cluster of over 150 terminals that can work together on a single optimization. I have been using it the past weeks for my own needs but I was wondering if more people would be interest or in need of it?

What I can offer is the following:

- over 150 MT4 terminals

- M1 history data for all majors, minors and crosses, as well as gold and silver, until at least 2005

- all spreads are fixed and can be customized - option of brute force or partial genetic optimization (partial because of the distribution of tasks between terminals)

- all results are stored in typical separate MT4 reports, as well as one consolidated Excel spreadsheet

The net result is a reduction of at least 100 times the duration of an optimization (this is obviously an estimation, and depends on the number of parameter combinations and time period of optimization)

My questions are:

- is there anything else I am missing or should keep in mind?

- would people be willing to pay for this service?

- would a charge per day of optimization be a fair proposition? One day would be equivalent to at least 3 months of optimization on one machine.

I would be happy to offer a test run to one of the moderators in the house! :-)

Just thought of putting this out there and hear your opinions, observations and suggestions!

PIPnotic

It's very generous to offer your time and equipment for free . . . .  oh,  and bear in mind the following:

Look here: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/register

It says . . . "4. Posting of advertising messages is forbidden. " 

Thanks for the reminder, RaptorUK; even though I didn't read it I did not mean to advertise anything here.

I just wanted to hear from others if there was anything that I could be missing in my setup, and how people have been dealing with the problem of optimizations being prohibitively long! 

And my offer is still there! ;-)

Do you do any automated trading?

Hi,

I am very much interested. Can you please let me know how the backtesting speed is?

Regards,...

Reason: