Optimize problem, please help

Couple hours ago I downloaded and tried to use two EA. I've found the manual how to optimize the strategy: http://www.easyexpertforex.com/backtesting-optimization.html . I have run the optimization and the optimizer gave me many results. The best result was copied to input parameters and then I start to backtest with every tick method. The results were good, but I tried to optimize the strategy on 15 minutes interval also. Then the problems started to occure. Every time I try to run the strategy (whatever strategy, not only yours), the optimizer says:

2010.02.11 19:48:51 There were 1 passes done during optimization, 1 results have been discarded as insignificant

2010.02.11 19:48:51 Strategy: optimization stopped, 1 cache records were used

This is the optimization from 01/12/2009 to 31/01/2010. I don't know what's going on. Couple hours ago these optimization settings run perfectly: optimizer was checking the best indicators for let's say 5-10 minutes, then I could pick the best one strategy and set it as input parameters. Then the strategy without optimization was run and everything was ok.

Now I can only see the messages like:

2010.02.11 19:52:21 There were 1 passes done during optimization
2010.02.11 19:52:21 Strategy: optimization stopped
2010.02.11 19:52:21 Strategy: optimization started
2010.02.11 19:52:12 Strategy EURUSD,H1: loaded successfully

And that's it. Does MetaTrader keeps some cache files, or values ?? Maybe you could help me with this matter. I know this is not connected with unchecking 'Skip useless results' in the Optimization Results tab.

Thanks and have a good day.

my experience with MT4 in backtesting and optimisation is, that after some runs it crashes.

to avoid this, i make 1 til 4 runs, then shutdown MT4 and restart again.

maybe this help also in your case.

syndrom:
And that's it. Does MetaTrader keeps some cache files, or values ?? Maybe you could help me with this matter. I know this is not connected with unchecking 'Skip useless results' in the Optimization Results tab.

If u use the exact same settings and time period as the previous run, then MT4 uses cached results. They are in the 'MT4\tester\caches' folder. U can simply delete all files in that folder to avoid having cached results used (although from my experience, the caching system works well and there is no need to do that).

But from your log file it seems u are running optimization but have not set any inputs to be optimized, hence u get only 1 pass. U should have at least one input ticked and have proper 'start', 'step', 'stop' values (the step must be small enough so between the 'start' value and the 'stop' value u would actually have different values of that input).

Thread start date: 2010.02.11
Reason: