Creating a DLL with Visual Studio 2010

Hi guys I have successfully created a DLL for MT4 in VS2010.

When i try to call a function I get "cannot call function 'xxxxx' from dll 'xxx.dll' (error 127)"

Are there any settings/configuration that I must be aware of? Is it even possible to create the dll in VS2010 for Mt4?

Yes it's possible to code DLL' with VS2010. I made it.

Since the last version 4.38, you cannot  call this kind of DLL. And when you try to compile Metaeditor give you this error message.

Try to use an oldest MT4 version. Just Copy the terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe filesoldest version from  and paste them in your metatrder folder.( You can use a terminal.exe from an another broker.)

The new version doesn"t work very well.... 

Try it and make a feedback. 

tinashe:

Hi guys I have successfully created a DLL for MT4 in VS2010.

When i try to call a function I get "cannot call function 'xxxxx' from dll 'xxx.dll' (error 127)"

Are there any settings/configuration that I must be aware of? Is it even possible to create the dll in VS2010 for Mt4?

Try again, www.psnouvion.com/projects/view/mt4_sample_dll, there's also C++ code sample on experts/samples folder located in where you install MT4. 

abrikabrac dll was created in delphi with lazarus IDE https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/141363/page6#706518 

abrikabrac:

Yes it's possible to code DLL' with VS2010. I made it.

Since the last version 4.38, you cannot  call this kind of DLL. And when you try to compile Metaeditor give you this error message.

Try to use an oldest MT4 version. Just Copy the terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe filesoldest version from  and paste them in your metatrder folder.( You can use a terminal.exe from an another broker.)

The new version doesn"t work very well.... 

Try it and make a feedback. 

I tried this trick but it didn't connect... it says starting LiveUpdate version is too old.

phi.nuts:

Try again, www.psnouvion.com/projects/view/mt4_sample_dll, there's also C++ code sample on experts/samples folder located in where you install MT4. 

abrikabrac dll was created in delphi with lazarus IDE https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/141363/page6#706518 

I create DLL with VS2010 too... Depend the objective. But Lazarus is adapted for simple project.

I am absolutly sure that the problem come from the last version. I debug my DLL, send static value and with the 4.38, The problem still the same. 

It works with ALL the previous Metatrader version...(Except the worst : 4.18 ...)

Reason: