New version 434 pushed out

Hi today my broker got v434 and after updating from v432 to v434 my EA did silly things - long used save settings causes now crash in Tester - and some Mt4i scripts do also not more work. I wonder why a update to v434 dated 3 Set 2012 is not mentioned at this forum at all by Metaquotes member here! Would be nice to get some official answer. As I just heard not only my broker got this new version!

WebFox:
Hi today my broker got v434 and after updating from v432 to v434 my EA did silly things - long used save settings causes now crash in Tester - and some Mt4i scripts do also not more work. I wonder why a update to v434 dated 3 Set 2012 is not mentioned at this forum at all by Metaquotes member here! Would be nice to get some official answer. As I just heard not only my broker got this new version!

Hi. I too am having problems with v434. After I set up EA's, profiles etc, all working well on 432, if I restart the platform I get the "No Connection" symbol bottom right. Strangely, the version from Metaquotes is working ok but the broker supplied isn't. Same build, same dates. That's odd don't you think? Problem is that Metaquotes data isn't my broker's data so as useful as a bad smell in a spacesuit. The broker help-desk doesn't know anything about MT4 platform. They are like talking to a sitcom character! I honestly got "Have you turned it off and on?" Useless! It feels like a corruption of a settings file somewhere to me but I can't locate it.

Any thoughts?

69tc:

Hi. I too am having problems with v434. After I set up EA's, profiles etc, all working well on 432, if I restart the platform I get the "No Connection" symbol bottom right. Strangely, the version from Metaquotes is working ok but the broker supplied isn't. Same build, same dates. That's odd don't you think? Problem is that Metaquotes data isn't my broker's data so as useful as a bad smell in a spacesuit. The broker help-desk doesn't know anything about MT4 platform. They are like talking to a sitcom character! I honestly got "Have you turned it off and on?" Useless! It feels like a corruption of a settings file somewhere to me but I can't locate it.

Any thoughts?

Hi, connection problems I did not have had at all. Maybe you try a fresh installation? I meant the brokers version to get the correct server details. I did got an upgrade request and it worked out. I needed to run numberless backtest to get some new settings for my EA that works now a bit as usual. Would be real interested to learn what is changed in v434 (build 434) to understand better why my settings did not work anymore. If your broker use a call center then its real worthless to expect any helpful answer as those peoples are often not understanding what they are talking about and read only FAQ list to you and if there is no answer for your question you get stereotype questions until you disconnect. Better is to drop an email and to hope that your broker finds time and interest to answer your question.

In brief, try a fresh install of the brokers MT4 version in an new folder outside the Programm folders. That should work out.

WebFox:

Hi, connection problems I did not have had at all. Maybe you try a fresh installation? I meant the brokers version to get the correct server details. I did got an upgrade request and it worked out. I needed to run numberless backtest to get some new settings for my EA that works now a bit as usual. Would be real interested to learn what is changed in v434 (build 434) to understand better why my settings did not work anymore. If your broker use a call center then its real worthless to expect any helpful answer as those peoples are often not understanding what they are talking about and read only FAQ list to you and if there is no answer for your question you get stereotype questions until you disconnect. Better is to drop an email and to hope that your broker finds time and interest to answer your question.

In brief, try a fresh install of the brokers MT4 version in an new folder outside the Programm folders. That should work out.

Hi,

I tried that and some of my friends are having similar issues. I do think there is something up with 434. Let's see if they release a fix anytime soon.

Cheers!

69tc:

Hi,

I tried that and some of my friends are having similar issues. I do think there is something up with 434. Let's see if they release a fix anytime soon.

Cheers!

Hi, as you can see at the main forum listing v434 is still not official announced. Only a few brokers seems to have got it by now, and as I estimate those brokers got some new server site software to support the new version of MT4. As my version with my broker works normal besides some few points forcing to re-adjust my EA I guess that you need real to ask your broker to check the server.ini and *.svr files. I trust it will take long that v434 is official and it will take maybe longer to get any updated version.

It can't come soon enough. I've tested my problem a little further. It seems I can only have 5 currency pair windows open before it will fail to login when the platform restarts. I don't think I'm too extreme as I trade 11 currency pairs over 2 strategies so I need a minimum of 14 windows open.

Let's see how it goes.

Cheers!