Backtests differ from Realtrading

Hello Community,

Since this September I am running my EA with real money on Alpari and Activ Trades.

I just did a backtest with the Strategy Tester for this month (on Alpari and Activ Trades Demo Acc.) and  it was kind of confusing.

The Backtests (execution mode: random delay and every tick) showed me a loss of 60% of my Balance till today.

But in Real Trading mode (same settings, time, etc.....) my accounts show a loss of only 5 dollars...

Since this is my first month with real money i am quite of nervous :)

I dont know how to rate this. Is this good or bad?  

Thanks in advance 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Amion:

Hello Community,

Since this September I am running my EA with real money on Alpari and Activ Trades.

I just did a backtest with the Strategy Tester for this month (on Alpari and Activ Trades Demo Acc.) and  it was kind of confusing.

The Backtests (execution mode: random delay and every tick) showed me a loss of 60% of my Balance till today.

But in Real Trading mode (same settings, time, etc.....) my accounts show a loss of only 5 dollars...

Since this is my first month with real money i am quite of nervous :)

I dont know how to rate this. Is this good or bad?  

Thanks in advance 

depends on your strategy. mine came out almost the same as backtested.
Reason: