MT4 navigation using EA or script

Sorry if this has been answered before - i cant find anything.

Is there any way navigate to a specific data/time on a chart - either through EA or script

I know i can use the fast navigation bar but i wanted to do it from a script/ea that takes its navigation instructions from elsewhere (that bit is easy) - not from the keyboard

The only way i can think is to stuff keys using the Windows API's but it seems overkill and has issues with grabbing focus that i don't like

Are you asking for a hothey that you press and get an input box for date and time which when entered the chart centers that bar on the screen? Just checking that I understand what you are asking for. Sorry I don't know the answer.

ianj:
Sorry if this has been answered before - i cant find anything.

Is there any way navigate to a specific data/time on a chart - either through EA or script

I know i can use the fast navigation bar but i wanted to do it from a script/ea that takes its navigation instructions from elsewhere (that bit is easy) - not from the keyboard

The only way i can think is to stuff keys using the Windows API's but it seems overkill and has issues with grabbing focus that i don't like
If you don't want to do that then there is probably no solution for you.
Reason: