MT4 & Excel via DDE

I have an Excel spreadsheet with live data from MT4. Works nicely.

Here's the problem:

I am running 2 instances of MT4, (different broker feeds).

Question: How can I defferentiate the 2 instances of MT4 in Excel ?

My link looks like this:

=MT4|BID!'#FDXU2'

I thought that maybe I could somehow rename the instance of the program, and so refer to in in Excel by that name, like this:

=MT4a|BID!'#FDXU2'

and

=MT4b|BID!'#FDXU2'

Any ideas if I can do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Mo

I want to this problems.

Mo06:

I have an Excel spreadsheet with live data from MT4. Works nicely.

Here's the problem:

I am running 2 instances of MT4, (different broker feeds).

Question: How can I defferentiate the 2 instances of MT4 in Excel ?

My link looks like this:

=MT4|BID!'#FDXU2'

I thought that maybe I could somehow rename the instance of the program, and so refer to in in Excel by that name, like this:

=MT4a|BID!'#FDXU2'

and

=MT4b|BID!'#FDXU2'

Any ideas if I can do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Mo

As all the terminals offer the same DDE-server-name you only can run each broker on a different pc.

Or you use something else like named pipes..

gooly:

As all the terminals offer the same DDE-server-name you only can run each broker on a different pc.

Or you use something else like named pipes..

how do I do use "named pipes" for excel get real time data from two instance of mt4

i try to use google search about name pipes for mt4 , it's run some ea in each instance of mt4, to send price to name pipe

and 

what else to do about this

you have to write a named pipe part for the terminal and you have to write another macro for Exel - the other end of the named pipe.

May be you are lucks and found something by google.

As far as I know, the DDE server name is embedded inside the TERMINAL.EXE binary program.

If you wish to "manipulate" it with a HEX EDITOR, you probably could find the instances of the MT4 string and replace them with other of your preference.

The only thing you should pay attention is when a new program update is published, you must rebuild the changes again.

I hope it will be useful for you.

Best regards!! 

acushnir:

As far as I know, the DDE server name is embedded inside the TERMINAL.EXE binary program.

If you wish to "manipulate" it with a HEX EDITOR, you probably could find the instances of the MT4 string and replace them with other of your preference.

The only thing you should pay attention is when a new program update is published, you must rebuild the changes again.

Best regards!! 

hello

can you find for me. MT4 string ordino number in hex editör.?

acushnir:

Best regards!! 

I think that is build 640 before ,  but after build 840 of mt4 , it is not work , i use hes editor to find mt4 , not one is for dde server setting 
Reason: