How long did it take you?

Hello,

I was wondering how long it took you guys to write your first profitable expert adviser.

Did it take months?

or even years?

It took Edison over 3000 tests before he found the filiment for the lightbulb!

I stoped counting!

@Ickyrus - Yeah, It is crazy how many tests he did.

I also heard that it takes 10000 hours to become an expert at something. I'm sure it applies to programming expert advisors, indicators, ect. I heard it took Bill Gates 10000 hours of programming before he could program windows. I wonder if anyone here would say they have spent 10000 hours programming and trading forex! Everything good comes with hard work.

QuasarCreator:

Hello,

I was wondering how long it took you guys to write your first profitable expert adviser.

Did it take months?

or even years?

Been at it hardcore for over a year now with no success. I will persist!

rocketman99:

Been at it hardcore for over a year now with no success. I will persist!

@rocketman99 - Nice man! Best of luck!

I've been at for about a week and a half and I find it really fun trying to find a good strategy then trying to program it. I am just curious to hear everyone's stories.

i just start learning mql ...

Ickyrus:
I hope the moderators don't mind me posting this link but its really worth listening to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Its a free training course by Jason Stapleton of tripple threat trading so at the end of it he will be selling something but thats normal.

Oh cool! Thanks for the link.

Ickyrus:
I hope the moderators don't mind me posting this link but its really worth listening ttXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXtraining Its a free training course by Jason Stapleton of tripple threat trading so at the end of it he will be selling something but thats normal.

That is called advertising.....

If you want spammed then react on that kind of websites and you will get a lot of @mail

deVries:

That is called advertising.....

If you want spammed then react on that kind of websites and you will get a lot of @mail

I was going to defend my post then thought hey who cares you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

Ickyrus:

I was going to defend my post then thought hey who cares you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

If you bring a thirsty horse to poisened water can you tell him not to drink....

deVries:

If you bring a thirsty horse to poisened water can you tell him not to drink....

Ha - bang two bricks together and remind him of when he was castrated. Can't do anything if its female! I will not do it again, the link did not request your email address by the way only gave you the recorded live teaching sessions with no selling.
Reason: