Expert Advisor does not run at each new tick

Is there any way for an Expert Advisor does not run at each new tick?

jugivi:
Is there any way for an Expert Advisor does not run at each new tick?

Yes, divide by zero, EAs disabled, EAs not turned on, etc, etc, etc

Sorry, I have not explained well ... I mean I do not want to run each new tick, I want to control when to run the EA. Is this possible?.

jugivi:
Sorry, I have not explained well ... I mean I do not want to run each new tick, I want to control when to run the EA. Is this possible?.

Yes, you can return(0); early and just, for example, run once per bar.

Thanks for the reply, but ... could you be a little more explicit? At the moment do not know how to do it ... Thanks

jugivi:
Thanks for the reply, but ... could you be a little more explicit? At the moment do not know how to do it ... Thanks
You may also use operator Sleep(), publication.

jugivi:
Can you be a little more explicit on what you are stuck with ? do you understand what return(0); does ?

paladin80:
You may also use operator Sleep(), publication.
That is a very bad idea . . . and will fall flat on it's face in the Strategy Tester.

I understand that return (0) returns control to the beginning of the Start function, is that correct?. But what if when running start function gets a new tick?, Is reset start or finish before running the whole show?.

First check out on what condition you want EA to run e.g. new-bar, a particulr value by indicator etc. In start(), check this condition at very begining. If condition not met then return(0) else proceed.

Hope this helps...

jugivi:
I understand that return (0) returns control to the beginning of the Start function, is that correct?. But what if when running start function gets a new tick?, Is reset start or finish before running the whole show?.

start will run once per tick as long as it can finish before the next tick arrives . . . if not that tick will be missed. So start will finish and then wait for the next tick . . .
Reason: