Problem with the EA Snowie

dear friends I downloaded the EA Snowie some days ago but when I compile it there is an alert message saying:

function "convertBoolToStr" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file.

so i can not add it on my platform's charts.

please i will be glad to hear from the programmer of this EA (Snowie) my email adrress is sergeclaver762@gmail.com.

please please

sergeclaver762:

dear friends I downloaded the EA Snowie some days ago but when I compile it there is an alert message saying:

function "convertBoolToStr" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file.

so i can not add it on my platform's charts.

please i will be glad to hear from the programmer of this EA (Snowie) my email adrress is sergeclaver762@gmail.com.

please please

looks like a warning not an error the EA will do something

deVries:

so why can't i add it to my platform? it is an EA with 3 indicators the other indicator can be added to the chart but the one named snowie does not when i try to add it on my chart i dont understand. plez devries help

deVries:

in the package there are 4 elements (1.AMA 2. FX-Bay_MACD 3. LWMA 4. snowies,EA)

1.AMA 2. FX-Bay_MACD 3. LWMA. display every thing as the programmer described but the n°4 namely snowie EA display nothing?

is it normal? DEVRIES

Hi Sergeclaver762 -  Hacking around with much of the MQL4 code - and trying to get my head around much of the cool code.  This Snowie EA is very nicely written.  This compile code I would have to imagine is a logical thought to flow for a boolean response.  This part of the Code   " bool " does not require this type of code action - itself is to be used for a  "1" or a "0" statement or True or False.   The other item in checking there is no such other statement as too "ConvertBoolToStr(bool value)"  searching thru entire MetaQuotes Language 4 document there is also no such ConvertBoolToStr statement.  This is an Error.

A Bitwise condition might be used more appropriately - but would also need supporting code around the current logic to use it in a different manor.  I would believe it is easiest to simply open the snowies,EA.mq4 - search  convert - and REM out or Comment out the 5 lines,  Recompile and voila - I no longer get that error and compile results are " 0 Errors, 0 Warnings! ..  Try it now.

Editor says line #761 for this.. here is my example

//string ConvertBoolToStr(bool value) // incorrect statement non-existant
//{
//   if (value) { return("True"); }
//   else { return("False"); }

//} 

A thought to trying instead 7,36 for an LWMA MA setting.  Try 7,88 on H4 or D1 TFs with this Snowie and wait be patient. Allow a trade to come to you by watching for these 2 MA's to actually converge on a chart.   You may drop these on any chart - and create a template say call LWMA-788.tpl  and try it on any chart -  H4 D1 or even W1 TFs will reap greater rewards when they action.  So trading can become more relaxed from the scalpers chair with tranq's and malox on your table.  50/100 add a MA200 white to another format - when 50/100 cross similar higher gain.  MA200 for a governor action - as most all big charts use a form of Simple MA200  LWMA200 might not always show on a W1 chart - but can be used for commitment trades as Price climbs above or below an MA200 energy usually carries for many pips.

Just a thought to any experimenters and or paper trade chasers.  Yes I admint too still paper trading and mastering my own scripts and EA attempts - This has to be one of the most profound Supported Trading platforms and some very most excellent programmers on this particular site.  All with great expertise and kindness to helping us all out. !  Cudo's  All.  Oh one last thing.  Need a programmer.  Why not simply hack like the many of us.  What is a programmer.  Someone who has - Been Taught rigorous Code by Experts. "Longer focused solely on code training" - or - "Hobby Hacker" - See code - read the book practice - when performing other lively jobs and honeyDu Lists.  Hack till your blue in face but still hack none the less and make code work. ( time consuming but a teaching element to become -Learned).

Or - the hacker whom has spent every living movement eating sleeping thinking building and now has learned code - Voila  -Magical Programmer!,  Go figure anyone can read - anyone can learn and anyone can become what they put into things.  But by seeing some comments - some maybe too hot to finger-babble nefarious comments flamming others simply to attempt nice help and guidance.  Well we're all human, we must share and be kind to effort and idea. Allow the negative to become a positive and create better environments we all would be enjoyable to participate.  Everyone never stops learning while your breathing.  Lets be family in practice and life will always be better 2moro.

okay said my babble.  Cheers.

tim.cassidy:

Hi Sergeclaver762 -  Hacking around with much of the MQL4 code - and trying to get my head around much of the cool code.  This Snowie EA is very nicely written.  This compile code I would have to imagine is a logical thought to flow for a boolean response.  This part of the Code   " bool " does not require this type of code action - itself is to be used for a  "1" or a "0" statement or True or False.   The other item in checking there is no such other statement as too "ConvertBoolToStr(bool value)"  searching thru entire MetaQuotes Language 4 document there is also no such ConvertBoolToStr statement.  This is an Error.

It's not an error its a warning . . . 

Function "ConvertBoolToStr" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "ConvertBoolToStr"  is included as a user defined function in the source code but is never called so it is not included in the compiled code . . . 

Why are you bring up this thread from almost a year ago ? 

Thank you RaptorUK.  

( are you an administrator ? )  I stand corrected - yes the compiler treats as not included in the code (ignored) - it goes no where so I as a newbie consider it simply error in code with a logic going no where, As to its computing with the compiler error as an EA.   I've always attended as to all errors a problem.  Unless the compiler resulting reports no errors - my own interpretation is as mention to post.  The other item - " err " bring this up from a year ago! ".   All code is the teaching aid for me.   Dates and times of events to myself is simply  Fifo.   Sorry about that. I'm simply a hacker learning by snippets of code and peacing together to fit into my own logic.  Time or issue of a post hasn't crossed my mind.  I see it, and only thought was to reply. 

Cheers. and thank you for your inspiration.  Has "ConvertBoolToStr" been added as a new String Conversion. I didn't see it mention any where in the language book or Documentation book. ? Or a hidden code set ?  Only error is solely in finding with this one very nicely written EA example. !   Guess as a hacker may say -  " Repeat until Perfect ".   or via " iChing "  Thru Repetition the source becomes ones own!"

tim.cassidy:

Thank you RaptorUK.  

( are you an administrator ? )  

Nope,  I'm a Moderator.

<------ 

Nice to finally chat with you..   Thx for all your tremendous code examples and replies within other text.  Great reading. And informative.  Cheers.

Reason: