Changing the Smiley Face Programmatically?

Hello Everyone,

I know that the smiley face is only ever sad when Allow Live Trading has not been selected when loading the EA.

I would like to make it sad if the input parameters are wrong to highlight the problem, not everyone checks the experts tab, and some of the indicators already use the comment field.

I could put an object across the screen I suppose stating the parameters are wrong, but I'd like to be a bit more subtle.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

Bravehearts2:

Hello Everyone,

I know that the smiley face is only ever sad when Allow Live Trading has not been selected when loading the EA.

I would like to make it sad if the input parameters are wrong to highlight the problem, not everyone checks the experts tab, and some of the indicators already use the comment field.

I could put an object across the screen I suppose stating the parameters are wrong, but I'd like to be a bit more subtle.

You want to highlight a problem . . . in a subtle way ? isn't that a little contradictory ?

How would you determine if input parameters are wrong? If you already have staged code to determine ranges of inputs, you might as well have a prompt to force the user to recognize or address the issue.

u can send "CTRL + E", more simple PostMessageA (Hndl, WM_COMMAND, 33020, 0)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/110904

RaptorUK:
You want to highlight a problem . . . in a subtle way ? isn't that a little contradictory ?

I wonder how the smiley looks like.

:D

onewithzachy:

I wonder how the smiley looks like.

:D

Thanks for all the feedback, I guess the answer is no. I will think of something else, probably an alert will do for now.

Cheers

Bravehearts2:

highlight the problem,

I'd like to be a bit more subtle.

Remove an EA through MQL4 code - MQL4 forum
Reason: