may i select mt4 severs ?

as we know mt4 terminal has many severs to select automaticly when we open a demo account, but i only want the specified one,may i have it by simple delete the .srv file under the config directory .

thanks

yes

YALEWANG:

as we know mt4 terminal has many severs to select automaticly when we open a demo account, but i only want the specified one,may i have it by simple delete the .srv file under the config directory .

thanks

Hi YALEWANG,

Bad idea, what you gonna do if that one server you chose is down ?. Demo server gets maintenance on daily basis.

:D

my mt4 have only two demo sever,the two sever do not swich at all .when change the sever manually in login page,it will show invalid account .

so i want to delete the one that i do not like though it is fast .

i want to know if i delete the .srv file if it will cause damage to the terminal .

the ping time is 500ms,if it is too slow .

YALEWANG:

thanks

Yes you can. Just add the ip of the new server and the dropdown list in the tools->server will have all available listed for selection. My advice never permanently get rid of default settings. Just add any new server addresses but dont delete the original.

YALEWANG:

my mt4 have only two demo sever,the two sever do not swich at all .when change the sever manually in login page,it will show invalid account .

so i want to delete the one that i do not like though it is fast .

i want to know if i delete the .srv file if it will cause damage to the terminal .

the ping time is 500ms,if it is too slow .

Hi YALEWANG,

May I ask you, is having that server harm your trading activities in any way ?. You should see my MT5 I have several demo that I do not use.

:D

thanks all

the reason i like the specifed sever is on that sever i have tested my EA in real,the result is better than another, but when open new account,terninal always orrented the sever to the one i do not like .

Reason: