Meta Tester 5 - page 2

waltergibson:

Good for you guys, I have almost nothing compared yours... :-(  The value in Sep : 0.00084 credits

I'm also from Europe as angevoyageur. 4 agents are active, but I see only 3 within my profile. 

My computer runs 24/24h with 8 agents. 1.42 credits for Sept.2013

What's your configuration ?

angevoyageur:

My computer runs 24/24h with 8 agents. 1.42 credits for Sept.2013

What's your configuration ?

My configuration is i3 with 6GB RAM, 4 agents. My computer runs also 24/7.

waltergibson:
My configuration is i3 with 6GB RAM, 4 agents. My computer runs also 24/7.
Mine is i7/8G, don't know if that can explain the difference.

It would appear that location has something to do with the usage incurred on the server agents' systems.  So the usage probably depends more on where the people using it are active, maybe there are certain times of day that certain areas of the world are making use of this.

I am curious on this, obviously for some, this is not cost effective to do this.  How much you get paid for it compared to how much it costs to run your computer 24/7.  What other reasons do you guys choose to do this?  For me personally, at least for now, I am fine with having it up and running while I am on the computer anyway, but do you make enough from your trading to cover the extra costs of providing this?  Or do you have your computer on all the time for trading anyway?

JD4:
I am curious on this, obviously for some, this is not cost effective to do this.  How much you get paid for it compared to how much it costs to run your computer 24/7.  What other reasons do you guys choose to do this?  For me personally, at least for now, I am fine with having it up and running while I am on the computer anyway, but do you make enough from your trading to cover the extra costs of providing this?  Or do you have your computer on all the time for trading anyway?

I don't think you can hope to earn money with that. My computer is always on, so in this case, I think I get some benefit. Never do the calculation though.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/21373

Alain Verleyen:

I don't think you can hope to earn money with that. My computer is always on, so in this case, I think I get some benefit. Never do the calculation though.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/21373

That is what I figured.  My thinking was, if it was on anyway for other stuff, might as well have a chance at making a little extra money from it at the same time.  Sounds like something I will be doing down the road, as I get enough to make a permanent desktop system for my use.  Currently I am running all my stuff on a laptop.

I just started using it today, i am thinking around $10 per month without finding that increase to the electricity bill might make it worthwhile.

And as i see from the other members thats very hard to achieve.  

Reason: