Is T/P always executed rather than SL while GAP happen?

Is it true that T/P (and limit order) always executed rather than S/L (and stop order) while GAP happen? I experience the same issue, TP executed on requested price while there is no price available at
time cause by GAP after the weekend opening, But on the other time my S/L was not executed on requested price until the next available price while GAP happen. The broker said that " these are the original settings

of MT4 provided by the developers, MetaQuote"

Is it true Metaquote setting like they said? or just the broker setting? Can anyone or Metaquote help me? thank you

It's not mt4 related. This is basic trading knowledge. Don't think in terms of Stoploss and Takeprofit, but think it terms of opposite operation.

For example:

You have one open buy order. At your SL and TP positions there are Sell orders. On the SL side is a Sell Stop (Sell at this price or worser) and on the TP side is a Sell Limit. (Sell at this price or better).

Now on a gap in the TP direction you probably will find a persone who buys your sell at the Limit price. But on the SL side the possible buyer gets a much better price than yours.

Reason: