PostMessageA from Metaeditor? - page 2

In case someone need this tool: i wrote simple tool which finds the mt4 automatically, sends a "check-all-changed-ex4-files" command, waits 100ms and sends 5 ticks to all chart windows inside it to speed up the start() calling process. You can contact me at info at fx1.net

Here is a screenshoot for people they want to try. I could implement almost everything to U****Edit seemlessly. Press F5 compiles and refresh the terminal automatically. All output gets to Output window to find out the errors, warnings. This editor can detect the functions and syntax from mql with small efford.

tx for helping here

well done. UltraEdit became better and better over the last years. since 12 years i use Textpad but i miss an object view (i like it). my mql development is in textpad and eclipse only. thumbs up

may i propose a code snippet to improve the code reloading. because MT4 is so buggy i have one global init-include for all mql files (no matter if script, ea or indi). it takes care of all the bugs i can catch in mql. it contains this:

// experts only: don't wait for the next tick
if (IsExpert()) {
   if (!IsTesting()) {                                                     // not with REASON_CHARTCHANGE
      if (UninitializeReason() != REASON_CHARTCHANGE)
         Chart.SendTick(false);
   }                           
}

Chart.SendTick() is the usual PostMessage routine to send a tick to myself. this way the experts take care of themself. your tool for example only needs to send one single message. everything else could be done in mql.

regards

you have great tools. thanks.

the lparam seem to be different from instances to instances, does anybody know how these numbers are generated? or is there anyway to retrieve it?

https://github.com/IlanFrumer/Metatrader-4-Refresher

I made a little script that simulates the PostMessageA of metaeditor 

Reason: