Optimization Question.

Hello all,

I am optimizing an EA and have a quick question. Can i load the platform twice or three times and run multiple tests? or will the two sharing back data get confused? It takes so damn long to run a test and wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks

mbro777:

Hello all,

I am optimizing an EA and have a quick question. Can i load the platform twice or three times and run multiple tests? or will the two sharing back data get confused? It takes so damn long to run a test and wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks

There are ways of running the same terminal.exe multiple times from the same folder . . but I wouldn't recommend you do that. I have run multiple terminals each from their own folder structure and each with their own History data . . it works just fine.

If you are at the Optimization stage . . . have you optimized your code already ? you don't need to do things every tick that will be fine doing for each new bar . . .

Thanks RaptoreUk,

I will do the every new bar, thats faster right? I'm on 10mb of internet and its taking forever.

mbro777:

Thanks RaptoreUk,

I will do the every new bar, thats faster right? I'm on 10mb of internet and its taking forever.

I'm talking about you modifying your code so that operations within your code that can be done once per bar instead of every tick are only done once per new bar.

Your Internet speed has nothing to do with the speed of the Optimizer . . in fact you are better off running the Strategy Tester while you are disconnected from your Broker . . .

WOW, Raptor thanks, i'll give this a shot.
Reason: