Saving a Workspace

Hello,

I've been testing out a new system that I made and I wanted to try it out among different brokers. However, it's a really big pain to set up the workspace over and over again. If I would like to put the same setup on another platform, I would have to open up 60 charts and 60 eas each time.

I was wondering if there is a way to save a workspace? I would just like to load the different charts and eas once and not have to do it manually.

Thanks!

James

jamesmean:

Hello,

I've been testing out a new system that I made and I wanted to try it out among different brokers. However, it's a really big pain to set up the workspace over and over again. If I would like to put the same setup on another platform, I would have to open up 60 charts and 60 eas each time.

I was wondering if there is a way to save a workspace? I would just like to load the different charts and eas once and not have to do it manually.

Thanks!

James

Open a chart, set whatever you want it to have (TF, background color, ... (just press F8), add CIs, EA, whatever), save it as template (menu Charts > template, but there's button for it on toolbar), name it to your liking. Open new chart, open template and click or attach the template to your chart. Do the same for the next chart. There's a trick, if you name your template as default, every time you open a new chart, it will be opened with that template you created. so you don't have to open template and attach it to a new chart over and over.

When, you're done with 60 chart, open profile (menu file > profile, or click that on your status bar below MT) and save it and name it to your liking.

There is a bug with profile, so don't close MT yet, open your MT folder (C:\Program Files\ Your MT\....), open profile and template folder and make copy of your template and profile. To test this, put a copy of your template and profile to second MT, open this second MT, and just click the profile - see if this works.

:)

Reason: