Saving charts

Can anybody help me and tell me why, soon as i log out of MT4, the only thing it saves to my charts is my indicators setup?

Everything else i have to place back on my charts, ie- resistance/support lines, trend lines, labels etc. It just basically removes everything so i have to replace them all over again and it gets very tedious?

I'm sure its a simple error i am making but i could really do with some help finding out what??

Don't install on C:\Program Files* for Windows Vista and Windows 7. Try instead just the C drive.

iannai69:

Can anybody help me and tell me why, soon as i log out of MT4, the only thing it saves to my charts is my indicators setup?

Everything else i have to place back on my charts, ie- resistance/support lines, trend lines, labels etc. It just basically removes everything so i have to replace them all over again and it gets very tedious?

I'm sure its a simple error i am making but i could really do with some help finding out what??

You  can save it as template (chart menu > template > save template), but I think what you looking for is Profile (File > Profile > Save As..., it also located in the middle of status bar below MT4).

BTW, If you name the template as "default", every time you open any chart it will opened with everything you save in default template

phi.nuts:

You  can save it as template (chart menu > template > save template), but I think what you looking for is Profile (File > Profile > Save As..., it also located in the middle of status bar below MT4).

BTW, If you name the template as "default", every time you open any chart it will opened with everything you save in default template

Excellent, thanks phi.nuts. Already saved my templates but whenever i logged out it removed my lines etc, worked first time!! :-)

1. tools -> options  -> Server -> Keep  personal settings
  2. Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7
Reason: