Silver Trend indicator - page 2

william.teo:

Why is it that it works on charts and not on the Strategy Tester??

Sorry I forgot to mention how to do that. Here is a VERY simple EA.

int start(){
   // for visual testing we don't actually need to do anything
   return(0);
}

Just create a new EA in the meta editor and paste this code over all the template generated code. Save it as "dummy" (it will actually save as dummy.mq4) to the experts directory. Compile it.

Now you have an EA you can run in the strategy tester that does nothing at all, but it does allow the strategy tester to run in visual mode, which is often convenient if you want to replay charts to see how good you are at seeing past the right edge of the screen, for example. Now the strategy tester will look for a template file named "dummy" (plus the template extension .tpl) Put the indicator you want to test on any old chart. Set the chart up with the colours and indicators you want to test. Save that setup as a template called "dummy.tpl" using the context menu (you right mouse click on the chart to get the context menu)

right mouse click |Template | Save template

job done.

Yeah I have one of those. I call it blank.mqh :)

I have got the indicator to work on Strategy Tester.

Used the simple method suggested by Ezro.

The indicator works well, so far, on the Strategy Tester.

The dots did move within a bar, but rarely. Most of the entries were, literally on the dot, correct and profitable.

Gonna to do more tests......before concluding anything..

For now, thanks a lot guys for your help.

Will post the results here as soon as I have some.

I found this scalper in somewhere .I interest it but I cannot find its original  mql4 file .Anyone know its source codes and what is its based indicators.

<ex4 file deleted>

kyawswarlin:
I found this scalper in somewhere .I interest it but I cannot find its original  mql4 file .Anyone know its source codes and what is its based indicators.

It's called "HalfTrend".

Files:
Reason: