DateTime use in ArrayBsearch

Hello!
I tried to find the last bar when the time was 00:00:00 using ArrayBsearch for theTime array:

End_Bar=ArrayBsearch(Time,D'00:00:00',WHOLE_ARRAY,1,MODE_ASCEND);

The value of End_Bar that was returned is 1!

WHY does it happen?

WarWolf001:

Hello!
I tried to find the last bar when the time was 00:00:00 using ArrayBsearch for theTime array:

End_Bar=ArrayBsearch(Time,D'00:00:00',WHOLE_ARRAY,1,MODE_ASCEND);

The value of End_Bar that was returned is 1!

WHY does it happen?

It mean bar one. The return of ArrayBsearch is index of element. In your case is bar one of Time [].

BTW the last bar is located at bar 0

1. D'00:00:00' is the DAY you compiled the code, a CONSTANT, not today's date.
    datetime bod = StrToTime("00:00"); // Beginning of the day
    //or more efficiently:
    datetime now = Time[0],
             bod = now - now % 86400;

2. Don't need to use Bsearch.
    int iBod = iBarShift(NULL,0, bod);
    Remembers sometimes there is no bar matching, Like on GMT+0 brokers, Sunday is a 2 hour day. Bsearch would return failure, while iBarShift would return the first bar of Sunday.

onewithzachy:

It mean bar one. The return of ArrayBsearch is index of element. In your case is bar one of Time [].

BTW the last bar is located at bar 0

I understand what does it mean.

My question is - Why doesnt it searc for the closest bar (22,23...) that the time there is 00:00:00, and instead it returns me the value of the bar i start to search from?

(Time[1]=23:30:00)

WarWolf001:

I understand what does it mean.

My question is - Why doesnt it searc for the closest bar (22,23...) that the time there is 00:00:00, and instead it returns me the value of the bar i start to search from?

(Time[1]=23:30:00)

My apology, I miss understood. The answer is I don't know :). However, you're looking for the last bar that the time is 00:00:00, right ?. I hope I'm not misunderstood again, can we do this : ?

for (int pos = 1; pos < Bars ; pos ++)
   {
   if (TimeHour (Time [pos]) == 0 && TimeMinute (Time [pos]) == 0 && TimeSeconds (Time [pos]) == 0)
     {
     int Last_Bar = pos;
     break;
     }
   }

BTW, WHRoeder point #2 is correct ("Remember ...")

onewithzachy:

My apology, I miss understood. The answer is I don't know :). However, you're looking for the last bar that the time is 00:00:00, right ?. I hope I'm not misunderstood again, can we do this : ?

BTW, WHRoeder point #2 is correct ("Remember ...")

Ok thx anyway ))

I think ill use this solution.

It was just interesting to me why it doesnt work.

WarWolf001:

Ok thx anyway ))

I think ill use this solution.

It was just interesting to me why it doesnt work.

Oh ?!?.

onewithzachy:

Oh ?!?.

I wanted to find a solution and to understand why it doesnt work - what i did wrong ))
Reason: