How to set template in "Open chart' In Expert Advisor?

When I apply a saved template in a 'open chart' in EA, all the buy/sell signals will gone. How could I set template in EA 'open chart', so that I can see the same chart/colour/indicator that I save in a normal template?

Get your chart how you want it then save it as default.tpl when you open a new chart default.tpl is applied.

RaptorUK, it works when I open a new chart, but not when I click 'Open chart' in Strategy Tester after I 'Start' a EA. It just always opens a green bar chart but I want it default to a candlestick, and the MA in different colours instead of all red only.

The look at that I want:

But Strategy Tester always result in this:

lingwuchung:

RaptorUK, it works when I open a new chart, but not when I click 'Open chart' in Strategy Tester after I 'Start' a EA. It just always opens a green bar chart but I want it default to a candlestick, and the MA in different colours instead of all red only.

The look at that I want:

If you want a specific template to open for a speciific EA in the Strategy Tester you need to name a template with the same name as the EA . . e.g. MyEA.mq4 create a template called MyEA.tpl and save it in the templates folder.

Yes!!! Thank you RaptorUK!!!! This is my first question in this forum and it's so encouraging that I got so quick response!! Thank you very much again!!!!

everything is possible use WINAPI

Save your template as default.tpl for normal charts AND as tester.tpl for the visual tester.

lingwuchung:

The look at that I want:

I open the ea and set speed to minimum

add the template and or extra indicators i want and save it "same name as EA"

when i run the EA in tester it opens that template automatically

WHRoeder:
Save your template as default.tpl for normal charts AND as tester.tpl for the visual tester.

Thanks Roeder! I didn't know I can plot indicators in visual tester automatically before.

I notice that sometimes I leave orders from previous backtest on the same chart. Like below, obvious #1 was completed at 26Mar 12:15 but it is still showing on the chart at 27Mar 04:15.

Many thanks!

Hi, any help? It wastes me many of the time, because there are some trade orders that shouldn't supposed to be in the chart and I can only notice them when I trace the log files. Right now when I find this scenario, I have to go to 'Objects list', clear all objects, save the template and re-run the test again in order to get a clean chart.

Thanks!

Reason: