My EA does not perform well on other pairs

Is it normal for my EA not to perform well on other pairs?

Currently it does well on EURUSD. From your experience, which other pairs should go well? 

doshur:

Currently it does well on EURUSD. From your experience, which other pairs should go well? 

It depends on the strategy used, is your strategy sensitive to spread ?

angevoyageur:
It depends on the strategy used, is your strategy sensitive to spread ?
nope.

doshur:

Is your EA optimized for EURUSD ?

RaptorUK:
Is your EA optimized for EURUSD ?
yes. I tried to optimize for other pairs but results are not as good as compared to eurusd.

doshur:

Why do you expect your EA to behave the same in all currency pairs? It seems you are assuming EAs normally perform the same in all pairs. Which reasons do you have for thinking that?

Maybe your EA can behave similarly in those pairs strongly correlated with EURUSD.., you can search for something like "correlation calculator".

laplacianlab:

Why do you expect your EA to behave the same in all currency pairs? It seems you are assuming EAs normally perform the same in all pairs. Which reasons do you have for thinking that?

Maybe your EA can behave similarly in those pairs strongly correlated with EURUSD.., you can search for something like "correlation calculator".

I actually don't think it will perform well on other pairs but based on my survey https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/12298

It seems others can do it. So I'm just wondering... 

Does one trading strategy applies to one pair or multiple pairs?
  • www.mql5.com

doshur:

I actually don't think it will perform well on other pairs but based on my survey https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/12298

It seems others can do it. So I'm just wondering... 

Thks. Ok, I didn't see your survey. I've seen now. IMHO, it's difficult to conclude something from it. It's a difficult question in fact like many other here. It may depend on the strategy, but in principle I think you should expect a similiar performance only if currency pairs are correlated. Regards.

laplacianlab:
Thks. Ok, I didn't see your survey. I've seen now. IMHO, it's difficult to conclude something from it. It's a difficult question in fact like many other here. It may depend on the strategy, but in principle I think you should expect a similiar performance only if currency pairs are correlated. Regards.

Maybe I was wrong to test on GBPUSD instead of USDCHF.

I thought GBP and EUR was in the same session so they move similar. 

Reason: