How do I refer to a previous operation based on whether the result of the operation was positvo or negative?

How do I refer to a previous operation, if you want the note based on whether the result of the operation was positvo or negative?

Example: if you want to say a condition like this:

if (previous trade was loser)

if (previous trade was winner)

if (previous trade was neutral)

Thanks a Lot

Trader201

I use this type of logic allot in my expert advisors. Here's one of my useful function.

int Sign(double Value){ if(Value<0){return(-1);} if(Value>0){return( 1);} }
Generally speaking, you could have just asked if the OrderProfit<0 or OrderProfit>0 or OrderProfit==0. Using my function something like int Last_Order_Result_Sign=Sign(OrderProfit()); would suffice.

ubzen:

I use this type of logic allot in my expert advisors. Here's one of my useful function.

Generally speaking, you could have just asked if the OrderProfit<0 or OrderProfit>0 or OrderProfit==0. Using my function something like int Last_Order_Result_Sign=Sign(OrderProfit()); would suffice.

Thanks ubzed.

you have many pips

Hello ubzen. which is the way to refer, not only to the last operation, but also to the penultimate and others? (that's my real intention)

Thanks Againg. I hope you can help me (this is killing me)

Trader201

trader201:

Hello ubzen. which is the way to refer, not only to the last operation, but also to the penultimate and others? (that's my real intention)

Thanks Againg. I hope you can help me (this is killing me)

Trader201

OrderHistory is your freind in this case :-)

https://docs.mql4.com/trading/OrderSelect

EADeveloper:

OrderHistory is your freind in this case :-)

https://docs.mql4.com/trading/OrderSelect

Hello EZDeveloper. Thank you for your help.

I understand that I can use OrderSelect for select previous trades. But, What I need to write in the code for make the reference to the previous position?

For example: in an indicator, I use numbers, like 0 for actual, 1 is one before, 2 is two before, and continues like this. Now, in the case for previous trades, What I need to write for said: before trade, 2 trade before, 3 trade before, and like this?

Thanks againg

Trader201

trader201:

Hello EZDeveloper. Thank you for your help.

I understand that I can use OrderSelect for select previous trades. But, What I need to write in the code for make the reference to the previous position?

For example: in an indicator, I use numbers, like 0 for actual, 1 is one before, 2 is two before, and continues like this. Now, in the case for previous trades, What I need to write for said: before trade, 2 trade before, 3 trade before, and like this?

Thanks againg

Trader201

from moving average

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Calculate optimal lot size                                       |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
double LotsOptimized()
  {
   double lot=Lots;
   int    orders=HistoryTotal();     // history orders total
   int    losses=0;                  // number of losses orders without a break
//---- select lot size
   lot=NormalizeDouble(AccountFreeMargin()*MaximumRisk/1000.0,1);
//---- calcuulate number of losses orders without a break
   if(DecreaseFactor>0)
     {
      for(int i=orders-1;i>=0;i--)
        {
         if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY)==false) { Print("Error in history!"); break; }
         if(OrderSymbol()!=Symbol() || OrderType()>OP_SELL) continue;
         //----
         if(OrderProfit()>0) break;
         if(OrderProfit()<0) losses++;
        }
      if(losses>1) lot=NormalizeDouble(lot-lot*losses/DecreaseFactor,1);
     }
//---- return lot size
   if(lot<0.1) lot=0.1;
   return(lot);
  }
Trie first something yourself with for example this so we can see what you do and how we can help
For getting what you want you can trie to change this ....

trader201:
How do I refer to a previous operation, if you want the note based on whether the result of the operation was positvo or negative?
Order History sort by closing date - MQL4 forum
Reason: