RenkoBars and strategy tester

I need some guidance on using the strategy test with Renko bars. I've used the RenkoLiveChart_v3.2 EA to create a Renko bar chart but it seems that it is designed for live trading only. If I try to generate a hst file for use in the strategy tester I get "unmatched data" errors.

Has anybody tested an EA on Renko Bars and if so what steps did you go through?

Use this and you would have found this

Hi WHRoeder,

Yes, I had found these instructions previously and that is how I got to the point of getting "unmatched data" errors. I'm able to generate the standard timeframe hst file, but the strategy tester won't test on the data.

Have you tried this yourself with RenkoLiveChart_v3.2 or do you only calculate internally?

What does "unmatched data" errors have to do with Renko? Renko charts are derrived from the original M1 chart. Did you search for that instead of muddying the question?

I am using theRenkoLiveChart_v3.2 and RenkoLiveChart_v3.3 scripts to generate hst files. A chart of the hst file looks fine. However, when I try to run the hst file through strategy tester it does not work. I either get the message "invalid file" or "unmatched data" and the strategy test does not complete. I would appreciate any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot and correct the problems with the hst files so the strategy tester can use them.