EA tweak: Stop trading after Stop-loss hit

Hello forum,

I have a pretty cool EA from a programmer (I am quite new at this), by the good old logic:

if CONDITION A, open

if CONDITION B, close

but I would like to add a little tweak, as follows:

if CONDITION A, open

if:

1) CONDITION B, close; or

2) stop loss was reached BEFORE CONDITION B (order was closed automatically )

then suspend ea (enableopen=false? I guess) until CONDITION B

etc.

Can some one give some guidance translating this logic into code? If you know this has been discussed in another thread, please kindly post a link.

Best,

Dan.

1. Read the last closed order and decide
    enableopen = true;
        for(int iPos=OrdersHistoryTotal()-1; iPos >= 0 ; iPos--) if (
            OrderSelect(iPos, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY)      // Only orders w/
        &&  OrderMagicNumber() == Magic.Number                  // my magic number
        &&  OrderSymbol()      == chart.symbol                  // and my pair.
        &&  OrderType()        <= OP_SELL// Avoid cr/bal https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126192
        ){
            if (MathAbs( OrderStopLoss() - OrderClosePrice() ) < pips2dbl) enableopen=false;
            break;
        }
  2. Remove an EA through MQL4 code - MQL4 forum

Hi, many thanks!

Two clarifications please: 1) what is pips2dbl - I gather this is a sort of finetuneing of pip digits (?) or why not just use something orderstoploss = ordercloseprice? ; 2) and also, more importantly, the current logic suspends the EA indefinitely, I am aiming to have it suspended ONLY UNTIL a new condition is met, when enableopen = true again, say, for sake of argument till a certain time of the day/.

Thanks!

Dan

1. "what is pips2dbl" because doubles rarely compare equal and orders will not be closed at exactly SL (except in the tester)
  2. "current logic suspends the EA indefinitely" That's what you asked for.

Stop trading after Stop-loss hit

3. So MODIFY it.
    No Slaves here, learn to code or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you.
    if ( !enableopen && conditionB) enableopen=true;

Thanks for your reply, I will look into what you posted and try to make it work.

To your point: learn - the way to go! easier said than done though : ) ; pay someone - I do respect coders' knowledge and I am paying for code - I clearly see the value. I only thought this would be just a simple tweak and I could do it myself w/ just a bit of guidance from in here, but it seems it aint quite so ! : )))

Thanks again for sharing!

Reason: